Discussions By Condition: Thyroid conditions

I'm SOOO tired and want to give up. I don't know where to turn...

Posted In: Thyroid conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Singin4myJC
  • January 16, 2009
  • 04:46 AM

Hello,

I'm 23 years old and feel like I'm 80. I'd like to sleep all day and could if I would. I seriously feel like something is wrong with me but I don't know what. I've researched my symptoms of:

- extreme tiredness/fatigue
- inability to loose weight
- super cold hands (sometimes feet)
- consipation
- dry skin
- inability to concentrate
- heavy periods
- moodiness
- mild depression (from not knowing how to cop with my tiredness)

I've been struggling with these sypmtoms for about 5 years and thought it was just my fault. I recently went to a doctor and had blood drawn and these were my results -- ALL NORMAL MIND YOU --

T4 Thyroxine, Free 1.0
TSH 1.13

My calcium cam back high so they took more blood and these were the tests results:

Parathyroid Hormone 19
Ionized Calcium 1.33

Both w/in normal range.

I don't know if I should go back and request an anti-body test or if that was done....? I almost want to skip going back to my GP and just search from an endocrinologist, but I don't want the tests to come back 'normal' again. My sister has hypothryroidism and my mom suffers from celiac disease, both of which are auto-immune. Am I crazy to think that I too could have something auto-immune going on? I just want answers. I'm 23 and am not living life because of this. I'm getting really sick of it ruling my life.

Please help me. I need to figure out what's wrong. I don't know who to see or what to do. Thank you.

- Singin..... tryin to :)

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement