Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

No sleep!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Skyler
  • December 28, 2008
  • 04:36 AM

Hello people,

I am 48 years old and haven't slept well for at least 3 years. As I am writing this today this is my 3rd day in a row with ZERO sleep, I'm toast!

Problem is I am not even tired mentally, but physically wiped out. I have a racing heart, with extreme anixety. When I try to sleep I can hear every sound in the neighborhood...As AM becomes PM...Over and over as my sleep deficit builds up.

I have OCD, but I am on "Medicare" and I cannot get a doctor to do a cat scan, due to my lack of Insurance I assume, I have tried many years.

I have always taken sleep for granted never, drank, smoked, drugs etc...Although, for about a year now I have been drinking about a pint of "Vodka" in the evening to help me sleep...But, unsuccesfully.

I have tried everything under the sun to sleep you name it...herb teas, showers, routine, melatonan...etc, etc. It makes me sad to see the same old suggestions for sleep which unfortunately don't help.

I constantly have a feeling of complete terror and dread. Any help would be greatly apprecited...Skyler :eek:

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement