Discussions By Condition: Ears, Nose, Mouth & Throat conditions

Deviated Septum/Hearing Loss/etc

• Posted By: trickM
  • December 10, 2008
  • 09:38 PM

Hi all,
I am coming here as a last resort, no-one is listening to me, I can't afford to take any more time off work and I dont know what to do!

Probably worth mentioning im a 20 year old male, in the UK.

2.5 years ago I got the mumps, which until now seemed fairly a fairly straight forward case (unilateral on my right side). Ever since I have had an enlarged tonsil on the same (right) side, which has concerned no doctors. I also seem to have a strange swallow, very one sided - I cant feel much of the swallowing on the side I had the mumps.

More recently I have been having trouble breathing through one nostril (right) and a temepermental hearing loss (pressure change) in my right ear. I was referred to a private ENT who told me it was a deviated septum, which I am now booked in to have operated on in January, he assures me this will should clear up my hearing issue too as its due to the change in pressure from lack of airflow in that nostril.

Last night I noticed jaw pain much like when i had the mumps from the parotid gland - I'm fairly sure I wont be getting it twice (although not unheard of i believe). The right side of my neck feels slightly swollen too (could just be me), and my hearing seems stranger today than ever.

I also have quite severe folliculitis which isnt shifting and I woke up with a cough this morning - fantastic!

It is annoying me, I have rarely been ill in my life, and now all this comes at once I am treated like a hypochondriac.

Is it possible my hearing problem is unrelated to the deviated septum?
Have i developed the mumps AGAIN?

A penny for your thoughts anyone...

Many thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement