Discussions By Condition: Common conditions

i haven't gotten my period yet

Posted In: Common conditions 73 Replies
  • Posted By: smallgirlbigworld
  • December 7, 2008
  • 04:59 PM

im turning 16 in a month and im short like 4'8 and im skinny like 76 pounds but i eat aloottt but i dont really gain weight
i have absoluetley like no breasts its not even 32 a its tinyy i dont think they developing yet and i dont have my period yett.
what should i doo
im supposed to go to a gynecolgist soon.
is this dangerous, am i not normall, and everything else is developed like public hair etc...
HELP.:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

73 Replies:

• You are perfectly normal. Not all females get their periods in their early teens. A freind of mine, and my mom are 2 people that I know of that didn't have their first period until they were 17. Also, our minds play a big role in our hormone production. Try to relax. Kiera
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 7, 2008
    • 08:56 PM
    Flag this Response
  • im turning 16 in a month and im short like 4'8 and im skinny like 76 pounds but i eat aloottt but i dont really gain weighti have absoluetley like no breasts its not even 32 a its tinyy i dont think they developing yet and i dont have my period yett.what should i dooim supposed to go to a gynecolgist soon.is this dangerous, am i not normall, and everything else is developed like public hair etc... HELP.:confused:Hello, i'm turning 16 in a month too and I have ALL the same "symptomes"(i'm 1meter 56 and 41 kilos, and I eat lots of food and I have like hairs were it should be) as you have, my mom is dying to take me too a doctor,youknow what I mean, but I'm so embarresed! All of my friends have their period and breasts, I have like nearly nothing...They all keep saying that it will come but i think tht their is somthing wrong with me! My mom had her period at 14 and she has like normal breasts. I'm also worried ebcause problems with periods and everything else in that area occur in my family (my mothers), do you have it already?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 8, 2009
    • 09:46 PM
    Flag this Response
  • If you're that skinny, don't worry about it. I'm average height, slightly underweight and I got mine at 13. My little sister is a little on the plump side and she got hers at 11. I feel like she got cheated out of 2+ years of convenience, so relish your freedom while it lasts! (Are you getting enough milk in your diet though? Just a thought to keep in mind. Then again, artificial growth hormones in some brands of milk have been shown in some tests responsible for girls getting their period earlier than in the past, so maybe go organic~)Everyone's bodies mature in different ways and I'm sure that if you're otherwise healthy then you're just fine!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • omg im exactly the same as u! i turn 16 on the 12th August and still nothing! no boobs, no period. but i have got pubic and under-arm hairs and i do have a discharge.im also short! just 4'11, but unlike u, im a bit pudgy.any help?
  • I just turned sixteen over a month ago and i haven't gotten mine either. I am worried about it because i'm going into 11th grade and i'm probably the only one in my grade/my highschool who hasnt gotten it. i feel awful. My doctor says i have to gain weight in order to have my period. i am about 85lbs.. it changes from like 83 to 86.i have heard that you have to be at least 100 lbs to have your period but my doctor says thats not true. he says you should be at least 85 lbs. and now that i am there i"ve been waiting for it but nothing is happening. I am 5 feet exactly and my body has had hair since about 6th grade.. normal for kids back then. but my chest didn't start till 8th grade and even then it was REally tiny like a 30A.. but now in almost 11th grade they have gotten bigger and look a good size now.. i am getting used to the fact that i will probably never have big or average sized chest. but i'm fine with that.. but i really would like to get my period and my doctor just keeps telling me the same thing I have to gain weight. i even have a nutrician doctor who i think is pointless be cause he says the same thing. he just keeps saying i need more calories. but every time i eat i feel bloated and i get really tired and lately whenever i eatsomething my stomach hurts... its really confusing but I don't think i can wait much longer.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 13, 2009
    • 05:46 PM
    Flag this Response
  • madhatter55, i am EXACTLY the same as you! i turned 16 in april and it' now october and i havent gottn it. I have pubes, small boobs underarm hair and everything but no period. Have u gotten yours yet?im really worried too :)I just turned sixteen over a month ago and i haven't gotten mine either. I am worried about it because i'm going into 11th grade and i'm probably the only one in my grade/my highschool who hasnt gotten it. i feel awful. My doctor says i have to gain weight in order to have my period. i am about 85lbs.. it changes from like 83 to 86.i have heard that you have to be at least 100 lbs to have your period but my doctor says thats not true. he says you should be at least 85 lbs. and now that i am there i"ve been waiting for it but nothing is happening. I am 5 feet exactly and my body has had hair since about 6th grade.. normal for kids back then. but my chest didn't start till 8th grade and even then it was REally tiny like a 30A.. but now in almost 11th grade they have gotten bigger and look a good size now.. i am getting used to the fact that i will probably never have big or average sized chest. but i'm fine with that.. but i really would like to get my period and my doctor just keeps telling me the same thing I have to gain weight. i even have a nutrician doctor who i think is pointless be cause he says the same thing. he just keeps saying i need more calories. but every time i eat i feel bloated and i get really tired and lately whenever i eatsomething my stomach hurts... its really confusing but I don't think i can wait much longer.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 22, 2009
    • 05:05 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Well i'm 17 going on 18 next month and haven't had a period since i was 13, but i am 200 and something pounds. Some people tell me that i am lucky not to have to go though and worry about bleeding though my clothes and carrying around pad. it's this one girl in my school, she is a junior, and she doesn't have a period and she ended up pregnant.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 19, 2009
    • 07:58 AM
    Flag this Response
  • omg im exactly the same as u! i turn 16 on the 12th August and still nothing! no boobs, no period. but i have got pubic and under-arm hairs and i do have a discharge.im also short! just 4'11, but unlike u, im a bit pudgy.any help? Wow, my birthday is August 12th to! But I'm turning 14. I still haven't gotten my period yet, and I have very small breasts. I am like 5'7 and I am a little underweight for my height. I eat like crazy, but I'm a vegetarian (I've been one for 7 months). I'm only a 32 A. But I have discharge (had it for awhile), I've had pubic hair for a VERY long time. I also have underarm hair, and it does hurt when someone hits me in the chest.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 29, 2009
    • 04:14 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Wow, my birthday is August 12th to! But I'm turning 14. I still haven't gotten my period yet, and I have very small breasts. I am like 5'7 and I am a little underweight for my height. I eat like crazy, but I'm a vegetarian (I've been one for 7 months). I'm only a 32 A. But I have discharge (had it for awhile), I've had pubic hair for a VERY long time. I also have underarm hair, and it does hurt when someone hits me in the chest.Hey don't worry. you guys aren't so bad. My younger sister who is a little on the plump side got her period at age 11 and i got mine at age 15! I am now 21 years old and i practically have no breasts even though they started to grow at age 13. I am about a 32A (but i wear padded bras 32 B) and i weigh like 105, 5 ft 7''. I eat like the average person. So you're not so bad.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 5, 2010
    • 01:51 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Wow, my birthday is August 12th to! But I'm turning 14. I still haven't gotten my period yet, and I have very small breasts. I am like 5'7 and I am a little underweight for my height. I eat like crazy, but I'm a vegetarian (I've been one for 7 months). I'm only a 32 A. But I have discharge (had it for awhile), I've had pubic hair for a VERY long time. I also have underarm hair, and it does hurt when someone hits me in the chest.don't worry. If you have discharge you will soon get a period. After discharge starts it will be about 6 months to a year until your periods start
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 5, 2010
    • 01:27 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm 22 years old and I haven't got my periods I'm really worried could there be somthing really wrong, or and thing I can do? Please help!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 29, 2010
    • 02:00 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I am the same! no boobs, not skinny or fat average, pubic hair,just started growing, and im like tall. 5'6 Is this bad?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 21, 2010
    • 11:16 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am in the same boat! i turn 16 in 3 months but unlike you i weigh like 125 pounds and am 5'5 and i wear a 36 C!!!! I've had hair in the right spots since 5th grade and discharged singe then to! I have had all the syptoms (cramp, bloating, etc.)!! I'm freaked out!!! It's so embarassing!!! My mom called the doctor but they said wate till i'm 16!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 24, 2010
    • 03:12 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm 17 and i havent got it, my mum is dead so i cant ask her when she got hers, I'm developed a bit with like hair and boobs (slowly growwing), but i havent got any of that discharge stuff yet, I'm a little scared about it but... i guess i'm just a late bloomer, it might be because i'm very short and only just put on weight, and girls that are big and tall usually get it early, and everyone i practically know thinks ive got it, but i dont want to tell them incase it's something serious and people have to make a fuss about it. Oh well D:
  • Hi.... i have just turned 14 in this december 2009 but i havent got my first period.....all my class fellows ( girls ) have got period except me...my weight is 34 kg and i consulted it to my doctor she said everything is normal you are a little bit weak so thats why and she gave me some medicines including calciums and vitamins and prescribed me that take these medicines for 2 months if you didnt got your first period during these 2 months then come again to me so we will do some more tests like checking your blood etc... everyone says that always check your underwear if it had discharge of whitish liquid then you may have your first period after 6 months or after a year ...but i am checking it for 3 yrs a whitish liquid comes but no period.... when i asked my mom that when did she get her fisrt period she replied that when she was in the mid 14 .....so shall i wait for it or do something else ? hope you will help me thanks :)
  • Same here! And I thought Im the only one. I'm really desperate. And I VCR no confidence at all cause I don't have any boobs. It's embarrasing you know. Please do inform me when you know how to change this.
  • ya :(.....but i have boobs....can i know ur age ? if u r underweight or skinny then it will probably grow after sometime and there is no way to change it...but if u have large boobs u can make them larger by treatment .....but now its ur growing stage ...everything will happen that u need until age of 17...do dont worry ...
  • but i am having vaginal discharge for 3 years then why dont i have period ? my mom was in mid 14 when she got her first period ....and i have just turned 14 in this december 2009... i have small boobs , am skinny 34 kg , armpit hair : yes light , public hair : yes , pimples : yes ( can be seen very hardly , their colour is like my skin tone and are very small in size ) , cramps : yes but veryyyy little i mean maybe twice a month for 2 minutes ...and thats all :( plzzzz need help !!!
  • Wow, my birthday is August 12th to! But I'm turning 14. I still haven't gotten my period yet, and I have very small breasts. I am like 5'7 and I am a little underweight for my height. I eat like crazy, but I'm a vegetarian (I've been one for 7 months). I'm only a 32 A. But I have discharge (had it for awhile), I've had pubic hair for a VERY long time. I also have underarm hair, and it does hurt when someone hits me in the chest.I am 13, vegatarian for 7 and 1/2 months, 5'7, i have public hair and discharge (also for awhile) i weigh probably 100-110 pounds. Im curious to when you got your period.
  • Hello , i havent started my period neither im flat chested too , and im 13 and when i look at all of my other friends i feel sad and boys just make fun saying flat chested my boobs are there trying to deleope but they anit and now im started my hairs etc.... But i want my boobs so if they grow a little bit when im older im going to have a boob job , becuase us girls were all differnt we can start any time or grow anytime people are not all the same. Chelsea x
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement