Discussions By Condition: Nerve conditions

neuropathy ?

Posted In: Nerve conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: roeli2
  • December 3, 2008
  • 09:38 PM

I was diagnosed in Aug 2005 with diabetes but more than a year before, I noticed that when I walked, it felt like I was walking on "bumps" and it was very uncomfortable. It didn't matter what kind of shoes I wore. I still feel that all the time but my feet also tingle, feel numb at times and burn at times. Near the end of June 2008, both legs, from the knees down, started to tingle and feel numb. They also felt like pins and needles or an "inner vibration", as if heavy machinery was below me and the vibration was felt in my legs. This has developed into a pattern of happening, in both legs, continually from when I wake up 1 day until mid afternoon of the next day. It stops for the rest of that day and all the next day and then the pattern continues - 1 1/2 day on and 1/2 day + 1 day off. Many days the "vibration" is more intense and I feel it up through my body and I feel jittery and/or shaky. I quite often use a cane those days as I am unsure of my footing. My Dr sent for a referral with a neurologist in early Aug but I have so far not heard anything about an appointment. I have a variety of health problems - diabetes, arrhythmia, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, hypothyroidism, asthma, fibromyalgia, arthritis. I have had one knee replaced and had a pituitary adenoma which is now calcified after taking Parlodel from 1981 - 2004. Has anyone else had similar symptoms? Is this a neuropathy? The vibrations are really making my days uncomfortable.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement