Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Painful Intercourse

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 3, 2008
  • 07:27 PM

I have had the symptoms of recurrent vaginal thrush for over 2 years. I've been given a course of canistan-like tablets, one per wk for 4 weeks. Which cleared it up for about 10 days, then it came back. It comes and goes every 5 or 6 weeks and lasts for about a week each time. I have had my contraceptive pill changed 5 times to see if that was the problem to no avail. It has no direct link to stress either.

But the main problem I would love an answer for is:

For the past 2 years solidly, I have found it often too painful to have intercourse with my boyfriend. We have been together 3 years, and have had no other partners in that time. We have both had STI checks and are both clean and normal. There is always sufficient lubrication before penetration occurs, and I am always fully relaxed, yet it is still very painful.
It is like a friction burn pain, especially on my left hand vaginal wall. Changing position helps for a few seconds, then the pain returns. The burning pain continues post-coitus for about half an hour, then vanishes entirely. It happens every time we try to make love, at all stages of my menstrual cycle, which is regular and normal.

Please help! Thank you

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement