Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

IBS IBD STRESS blah blah

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: LexusFay
  • November 18, 2008
  • 10:32 PM

I have had a colonoscopy, endoscopy, this test, that test and nothing seems to come out. But something is not right!

I went to my primary because I had stomach pains, aches, nausea, diarrhea constantly. I told him all these other symptoms just in case they were related. I have muscle and joint pain. I feel feverish at times, have night sweats. Weight fluctuates. Terrible terrible heartburn that no meds have helped fully. Food gets stuck. He said oh you have IBS, and possibly some non ulcerative "stomach pain" and sent me to a GI doc. (Which by the way is the worst in my area!)

Got there, they did an endoscopy, ignoring all the other stuff I told them only concentrating on the heartburn, cause it could be Barret's. Had the EGD, nothing but some inflammation on my stomach, and they dilated my esophagus, causing a tear. Heart burn still there, food still stuck and the DX, nothing!

Then a few weeks later, I had a very large amount of rectal bleeding as I had a bowel movement. Got in, they said oh lets do a colonoscopy. Had that done, they did a terrible job. I was awake the entire time, was crying out in pain, then the nurse even said that I did. That I was imagining it.

They said there was some inflammation a the end of my rectal area inside, did some biopsy's and nothing....

Now I am here. Can't eat much without wanting to throw up. Still have rectal pain, bleeding itching, and they say i don't have fissures or hemroids. On Levsin, protonix, and still get heartburn like I'm having a heart attack.

Oh I guess I should add I'm 23.....

I have all these other little things that seem to connect me to having some autoimmune disease. Not making things up, but I get skin rashes all the time, years apart. I have eye problems constantly. Like right now, I have iritis, which is common in people with an imparied immune system. I don't have HIV or AIDS or anything like that.

I just don't know where to go. I have people tell me there opinions all the time of what they think I have. I just don't feel right. Something else is up!!!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement