Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Please help me ... 20 yr female ... is it cystitis?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: cj06au
  • November 17, 2008
  • 02:36 PM

I'm really confused. Sorry about the weird question to come but...

I had Cystitis in September, i went to the doctor, took antibiotics for a full course and then i was better. Then in October I got thrush which was treated with a tablet so I got better after that too.

Now, I'm getting similar pains to when I had cystitis so i have gotten my repeat antibiotics that I still had available to me from last time.

However, when I have urinated I have bled somewhat. Nowhere near as much as a period or anything (which i had 2 weeks ago). And sometimes if I don't bleed there's a sort of flakey skin looking substance I notice in the urine afterwards. It's hard to explain...but it makes me think omg thats from inside me! It's scary for me to look at. Is it just the antibiotics flushing out the infection? :confused:

I wondered if anyone has any idea as to what could be going on or if it is just cystitis again.

If anyone could help me I'd be ever so thankful!!!!

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• You must see a doctor and get your urine tested (blood, protein etc) and to see what is wrong. They must also check the kidneys. Good luck!
    Felsen 510 Replies
    • November 17, 2008
    • 07:42 PM
    Flag this Response
  • where you checked for STDs?
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • November 18, 2008
    • 04:26 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hmm... I havent been checked for STDs... I mentioned being sexually active to my doctor a few months ago and she didnt mention that, she only mentioned that I should go on the pill.My partner and I have been sexually active for about 6 months now. He is very clean and healthy. But since September we've only done it 3 times because there is always something wrong with me.I think it is Cystitis though, because I woke up this morning with the exact same feelings I had when I first had it. I will see how the antibiotics go and if I dont get better I will see my doctor.
    cj06au 1 Replies
    • November 18, 2008
    • 04:51 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement