Discussions By Condition: Mental conditions

Do I have a disorder? Asperger?

Posted In: Mental conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 17, 2008
  • 07:43 AM

Hey. This is really driving me nuts! I am spaced out all the time. When my teacher talked to me, and said I should come the classes more often, because I am, according to him intelligent, reflected, and have a lot to contribute with, I lose focus, and start to focus on, say his small bumps in the skin, whatever. And don't listen to the conversation entirely. This happens all the time when I have 1-on-1 conversations with people of "authority", or when I work and stuff. In general, I forget a lot of stuff. And I "have the brains, but don't work enough!". I have thought about aspergers lately, because I have a lot of the other symptoms. I used to behave strangely socially. And sometimes still do. I had to learn a lot of interaction. Try to read the signs, and to use past experiences.
Oh, I ****ing hate school, and all implied.. Except, I like to learn. I just can't handle all those loose sheets of paper. And homework. As a general rule, I don't do homework.

I am 18 at the moment, and I am not already ill, I am going to become ill soon. I have suffered from these symptoms all my life. Losing my key so often that my parents laugh when I bring it up now. I suffer from sleep apnea, I've been told. I don't know how that affects me. And I have had like three or four episodes of sudden extreme, reasonless depressions lasting only for a day or so previously in my teens. more like depression attacks or something. Like all my life energy was drawn out of me. I have also had some periods of depression. But have managed to get my head around this. So I no longer have problems with that

Please! I am writing this in a moment where I am REALLY tired of the school system bullying me around. I wan't a little piece of paper from somebody that gives me the right to do things my own way. And I'm tired of forgetting stuff of importance, to the point of extreme!

PS: There is anther guy in my class with asperger. In the dancing parts of the school exercises, we are the two people with problems. Everybody else makes it. Just throwing it out.

PSPS: I do have the strange interests and obsessions of aspergers.

Peter

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• .. and I am not already ill, I am going to become ill soon...In other words it is a head ache for me. Not ill in the regular sense.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 17, 2008
    • 08:40 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Bump. I know I probably am paranoid and self-diagnosistic. But please come with some thoughts!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 2, 2008
    • 09:01 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement