Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

6 month baby need help finding out whats going on with him??????

Posted In: Medical Stories 1 Replies
  • Posted By: babylove54
  • November 16, 2008
  • 04:40 AM

Hi Im a mother of a 6 month baby boy who has been having mutiple things going on and I don't know if there related. He has been diagnosised with delayed empty stomach, and acid reflux, and c. diff. The thing is my son is currently on medication reglan,prevacid, calfate, and antibotic for the c. diff. The problem is he is still vomiting blood, sometimes yellow vomit, sweaty at times,:( Im not sure if the doctors that he is seeing is missing something that is causing him to vomit large amout of blood, excessive urine output, continued c. diff for 4 months, and of course diarrhea since birth. I have noticed that he will tend to sleep alot, at first I thought is was do to being a baby. Even the urine output that Im noticing more and more, the sweating at times he isn't bundled or it's not even hot. My son have a lot of symptoms of diabetes but his glucose test was in normal range. Is there other test that can test for diabetes?? The other main concern is my son is severely allergic to cow's milk and apparently allergic to foods and cereal so he is on a special milk called Elecare nothing seems to help with the vomiting. Is there someone who can reply with some hope that there is such a diagnose for his condition. :)

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• It is very important that you take him to the nearest Children's Hospital emergency room and be sure to tell them all of his symptoms no matter how trivial some may seem. When my son was born he had similar symptoms...as well as other things.. he had the sweats, bright red face (high blood pressure) never slept, cried constantly, severe watery diahreaetc. I took him to his pediatrician and to the local ERs on a daily basis. they ran blood work and did x-rays and scans and always told me he was fine.... eventually he quit moving his legs... docs said he was lazy... I did research and found a childrens hospital 2 hours away and drove him there immediately and found out he had cancer!!!! They removed the tumor from his spine the next day and started him on chemotherapy (he was 2 months old at this point) 6 months later they removed the tumor from his abdomen...he is now 9 and paraplegic, which never would've been if the doctors "down home" would've paid more attention, or made a proper referral. With babies, you MUST go to children's hospital. there they only care for children, and will not be treated as "small adults", and you will not be told "baby's sometimes do these things" unless it is true.Best of luck to you!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 20, 2008
    • 06:14 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement