Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

Don't want sex...

Posted In: Sexual conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: TicTacWoe
  • October 16, 2008
  • 02:03 PM

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but I'll give it a shot anyway.

I am very concerned about my relationship with my girlfriend suffering due to my lack of interest in sex. I don't know whether it's correct to call it a low sex drive or not, but whatever it is, I have very little desire to have sex and it's been the same with the other girls I've been with also. I do have sex but I feel as if I am going through the motions and putting on some sort of act. I get more or equal enjoyment from other things in life and usually just don't feel like doing it. I should also point out that I am only 23 years old and have pretty much always felt this way about sex since I became sexually active.

Don't get me wrong I think my girlfriend is a wonderful person and extremely attractive but I just find myself having to force myself to want sex with her. I don't think I can bring myself to tell her these things as we've just started going out recently and things are going really well otherwise, but I also don't know how I can go on like this either. I don't think sex between us will ever be particularly great for her either if I myself have little desire for it (even more so if she knows I don't...) and for most people it seems to be such an important part of a relationship but sadly I just don't feel that way.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• Don't know if what I am about to tell you will help or not, but women in their early 20's actually don't have the greatest sexdrive. Thats why younger women and older men hit it off so well :) Anyhow... If I were you, I would talk to her about it. It might actually bring you even closer to each other. I can't speak for all women, but I do know that she will listen and hopefully respect and try to help you. Hope you get things sorted out... Kiera
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 16, 2008
    • 07:36 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but I'll give it a shot anyway. I am very concerned about my relationship with my girlfriend suffering due to my lack of interest in sex. I don't know whether it's correct to call it a low sex drive or not, but whatever it is, I have very little desire to have sex and it's been the same with the other girls I've been with also. I do have sex but I feel as if I am going through the motions and putting on some sort of act. I get more or equal enjoyment from other things in life and usually just don't feel like doing it. I should also point out that I am only 23 years old and have pretty much always felt this way about sex since I became sexually active. Don't get me wrong I think my girlfriend is a wonderful person and extremely attractive but I just find myself having to force myself to want sex with her. I don't think I can bring myself to tell her these things as we've just started going out recently and things are going really well otherwise, but I also don't know how I can go on like this either. I don't think sex between us will ever be particularly great for her either if I myself have little desire for it (even more so if she knows I don't...) and for most people it seems to be such an important part of a relationship but sadly I just don't feel that way. Any advice would be greatly appreciated This may be a little difficult to swallow, but I think it is highly probable you could be asexual... There are people who feel no sexual attraction to either sex, but will have sex with their partner out of obligation/because it is expected. I would highly suggest checking out this website: http://www.asexuality.org/home :cool:
    Pink_Panther27 20 Replies
    • October 19, 2008
    • 05:03 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but I'll give it a shot anyway.I am very concerned about my relationship with my girlfriend suffering due to my lack of interest in sex. I don't know whether it's correct to call it a low sex drive or not, but whatever it is, I have very little desire to have sex and it's been the same with the other girls I've been with also. I do have sex but I feel as if I am going through the motions and putting on some sort of act. I get more or equal enjoyment from other things in life and usually just don't feel like doing it. I should also point out that I am only 23 years old and have pretty much always felt this way about sex since I became sexually active.Don't get me wrong I think my girlfriend is a wonderful person and extremely attractive but I just find myself having to force myself to want sex with her. I don't think I can bring myself to tell her these things as we've just started going out recently and things are going really well otherwise, but I also don't know how I can go on like this either. I don't think sex between us will ever be particularly great for her either if I myself have little desire for it (even more so if she knows I don't...) and for most people it seems to be such an important part of a relationship but sadly I just don't feel that way.Any advice would be greatly appreciatedMaybe your girlfriend didn't drive you really or you didn't find the arousal part of making love or sex. You can try to explore maybe your a gay, bisexual or curious guy... I'm sorry for that... but you need to face the reality that might be another factor to consider.
    arvmike10 2 Replies
    • December 24, 2008
    • 05:59 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement