Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

Don't want sex...

Posted In: Sexual conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: TicTacWoe
  • October 16, 2008
  • 02:03 PM

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but I'll give it a shot anyway.

I am very concerned about my relationship with my girlfriend suffering due to my lack of interest in sex. I don't know whether it's correct to call it a low sex drive or not, but whatever it is, I have very little desire to have sex and it's been the same with the other girls I've been with also. I do have sex but I feel as if I am going through the motions and putting on some sort of act. I get more or equal enjoyment from other things in life and usually just don't feel like doing it. I should also point out that I am only 23 years old and have pretty much always felt this way about sex since I became sexually active.

Don't get me wrong I think my girlfriend is a wonderful person and extremely attractive but I just find myself having to force myself to want sex with her. I don't think I can bring myself to tell her these things as we've just started going out recently and things are going really well otherwise, but I also don't know how I can go on like this either. I don't think sex between us will ever be particularly great for her either if I myself have little desire for it (even more so if she knows I don't...) and for most people it seems to be such an important part of a relationship but sadly I just don't feel that way.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement