Discussions By Condition: Multiple Sclerosis

MS or other? Clean MRI

Posted In: Multiple Sclerosis 7 Replies
  • Posted By: Mama W
  • September 27, 2008
  • 00:37 AM

I am a 26 year old female with a family history of MS. For the last 8 months I have experienced some possible signs and symptoms of MS. The doctor thought it was a possibility so he persued it, but I had a lot of blood work done, some audiology testing and a brain MRI, all which are normal according to the doctor.
My s/s include:
Dizziness/ vertigo
Loss of balance (I stagger like a drunk, but I don't drink!) and decreased coordination especially when it's something that requires small/fine motor skills and strength in my hands
I drop things
Twitches of the arms and legs when seated
Fatigue
Mood swings
Sharp stabbing, and achy pains, intermittently throughout the body with no other explanation- including my head.

I am just at a crossroads and I would really appreciate any ideas. I have been looking into possible B12 deficiency as well.
:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

7 Replies:

• Hi there,Have you had a Lumbar Punture to check your CSF for oligoclonal bands? It is sometimes necessary when a MRI is clear but MS is suspected.
    Tanglyjan 2 Replies
    • October 20, 2008
    • 02:19 PM
    Flag this Response
  • No, I have not had that option yet. I will see the doctor next week and see what he would like to do as a next step. I was thinking that a lumbar puncture seems pretty scary and I will probably try that as a last resort. I have only been seen once and had one MRI since this started 8 months ago. Do you know anything about the evoked potentials test that they do? Thanks for the advice.:)
    Mama W 8 Replies
    • October 20, 2008
    • 10:48 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi Mama W,Evoked potentials are painless. They attach small metal studs to your scalp with glue, and wires from the studs are attached to a meter. They show you patterns etc on a TV screen and whilst watching them the meter records how long it takes for the images you watch to get to your brain and be interpreted. People with MS often show a delayed response time in these tests.Good luck next week with the doc and let me know how you get on. I know how hard it can be waiting for answers but hang in there:)
    Tanglyjan 2 Replies
    • October 21, 2008
    • 01:46 PM
    Flag this Response
  • :)Will do! Thank you so much. It's nice to have someone who can relate to all this.
    Mama W 8 Replies
    • October 21, 2008
    • 11:20 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Dear Mamma W, My mom has MS. You have every symptom that she has. Take Lorenzo's oil. 4 parts olive oil. 1 part rapeseed oil (international food stores.)MS is similar to ALD (Lorenzo's neurological disease.)Fatty sheath (one theory in MS) is being attacked by bad fat and destroyed.Lorenzo's oil neutralizes bad fat into good fat.My mom takes Lorenzo's oil each day. Her hands shake less. She seems to have more stamina. She sure is better than when she first started the oil. My opinion! Take more than 3 tablespoons daily. The boys took 3 tablespoons daily. I absolutely am on a mission and absolutely believe in Lorenzo's oil for neurological problems. It can't hurt. Teresa
    teresasalyer 6 Replies
    • November 1, 2008
    • 01:54 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Thank you. That is good advice. I will have to look into it, and like you said it couldn't hurt. :)
    Mama W 8 Replies
    • November 1, 2008
    • 01:58 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Oh yes, by the way, I was seen by the doctor on Thursday and the man didn't even examine me. He sat and listened to my symptoms (for the second time) He reviewed that my hearing test and MRI were good, and now he's sending me to a neurologist. I am happy to be out of his hands and in someone's hands who should know what they are doing. My prayer is that he can figure this all out.Thanks.Mama W
    Mama W 8 Replies
    • November 1, 2008
    • 02:01 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement