Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

19 y/o female with extreme symptoms, please help!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: mneten
  • September 10, 2008
  • 09:51 PM

my partner is extremely ill, and doctors aren't able to give us a solid answer, let alone any plausible cure. she has been experiencing these symptoms for almost two years:
sporadic 'flash' fevers, varying from light to extreme heatthese come and go completely randomly... not always but frequently followed by:
sporadic bleeding from the eyes, nose, and vomiting blood. a lot of it.this also varies in degrees of intensity, sometimes its just a nosebleed or an eyebleed, or vomiting some blood, but sometimes its extremely intense; pools of blood. sometimes this goes with intense coughing, sometimes not. lately the blood in the vomit has been 'stringy' or coagulated or something. usually when it gets this bad:
complete loss of conciousness, frequently with no breathing. opening her eyes sometimes brings her back into conciousness, usually followed by deep breaths and heavy coughing.
massive headaches
extreme stomach cramps
occasional temporary loss of motor skills (unable to move certain limbs, sometimes an entire side of her body, it has happened with both sides)she has been to the doctor, she has been hospitalized due to this condition. a doctor recently told us that she has some of the symptoms of lymphoma, but that there was nothing certain. she has gone through chemotherapy. it didn't help. at all.

we dont know what to do, or what this could be. we're trying to get by as best we can but its very difficult and scary. any information would be helpful.

thank you for your time.

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• Wow, I'm not really sure, I hope you find out what it is soon that sounds awful, heres one idea http://wrongdiagnosis.com/z/zygomycosis/symptoms.htm#symptom_list
    qwertyuiop123 453 Replies
    • September 10, 2008
    • 10:27 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Dang....sounds ROUGH...mayb you should go to a teaching hospital & see if they have any ideas what is up. I dont know if U have any big university hospitals around you but that is where you should go instead of a regular hospital & see if they will do a work up or take her on as a pt.
    PitLover58 6 Replies
    • September 10, 2008
    • 11:55 PM
    Flag this Response
  • She really needs to go to a teaching hospital in your area-possibly follow up with a neurologist. Sounds to me like a lesion or something going on in the brain-please find another doctor ASAP. I have never heard of this but it should not be taken lightly nor sat on if you are not getting any answers.Good luck and God Bless.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 11, 2008
    • 02:42 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement