Discussions By Condition: Menopause

embarrasing question

Posted In: Menopause 7 Replies
  • Posted By: anxious Annie
  • August 25, 2008
  • 00:45 PM

I am well past menopause and still have desires. My problem is that all of the lubricants, including glycerin free, burn. I have regular GYN exams and have a good bill of health. I know that there are others out there with the same problem. Could someone please tell me what to buy and where to get it. I am embarrassed to discuss this with my GP since this is a man. I am from the era that makes talking to a man about these things uncomfortable.

Any doctors out there with answers??:o

Reply Flag this Discussion

7 Replies:

• Sure would like to hear from someone on this. Thanks.
    anxious Annie 59 Replies
    • August 26, 2008
    • 05:18 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Have you tried Astro-Glide? If all the vaginal lubricants burn, you might try a preservative free EYE Gel, such as GenTeal. Also, there are MOUTH lubricants, without preservatives. They may be easier to tolerate. And finally, the nasal lubricant AYR is pretty benign.Your doctor's nurse may be able to help you, too. As a long suffering Sjogren's Syndrome person (we call ourselves the "moisture seekers"), I have tried these products, but the only one I've used vaginally is the mouth lubricant. In confidence! ;) Marionstar
    marionstar 228 Replies
    • August 26, 2008
    • 09:17 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Thanks for the info. What is the name of the mouth lubricant that you used.
    anxious Annie 59 Replies
    • August 26, 2008
    • 11:38 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am well past menopause and still have desires. My problem is that all of the lubricants, including glycerin free, burn. I have regular GYN exams and have a good bill of health. I know that there are others out there with the same problem. Could someone please tell me what to buy and where to get it. I am embarrassed to discuss this with my GP since this is a man. I am from the era that makes talking to a man about these things uncomfortable. Any doctors out there with answers??:o Try coconut oil. Its natural and seems to help me. I also use it as a body moisturiser.
    samstarr 24 Replies
    • December 13, 2009
    • 11:33 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I agree with samstarr...coconut oil or evco 9extra virgin coconut oil)...works great...
    dale91 143 Replies Flag this Response
  • I am well past menopause and still have desires. My problem is that all of the lubricants, including glycerin free, burn. I have regular GYN exams and have a good bill of health. I know that there are others out there with the same problem. Could someone please tell me what to buy and where to get it. I am embarrassed to discuss this with my GP since this is a man. I am from the era that makes talking to a man about these things uncomfortable. Any doctors out there with answers??:oI have never used a lubricant but if I had to I would try omega-3 oil. I would never use anything that I would not eat because I have a lot of allergies, even to off-gassing, of lotions. As a result I use only totally natural and edible things on my body. I guess Iwould consider aloe vera gel as well maybe.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Omega oil? is it really good as lubricant? Will try out for the next session.
    dale91 143 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement