Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

desperate for answers!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 7 Replies
  • Posted By: closure
  • August 19, 2008
  • 05:27 AM

Hi everyone...I'm new here. I've been sick for years with no answers and I just found this site so I'm hoping someone can help.

first symptom that's bothering me right now that I can't find an answer for...

skin rash on stomach. for the past couple of months I've noticed it seems to start 2 weeks before my period and disappears by the end of the period. this is the only connection I've found for it. it doesn't spread, it's very itchy, and no one else around me has caught it so I'm assuming it's not contagious. it's in the same spot every time it shows up. my doc has no clue what it could be from and doesn't feel like investigating.

unexplained mouth sores

excessive diarrhea

bloating

joint and muscle pain

lost 12lbs in 12 days

psychiatric problems...bipolar, anxiety/panic disorder, ptsd

on various meds...nothing new though. I've had all these symptoms though for about 2 years, longer for the diarrhea though.

those are the main ones. so far I had a colonoscopy and nothing showed up. I'm getting very frustrated. anyone have any ideas?

Reply Flag this Discussion

7 Replies:

• You could have irritable bowel syndrome (symptoms bloating and diarrhea) which may of gone and caused a B deficiency and hence now other symptoms eg mouth cracking and lip lesions (if your mouth sores are like that). B12 deficiency can cause a ton of symptoms. B deficiencies can cause mood swings, rashes etc Also i think more vitamin B may be used at certain times of the month.. just before periods???????? Have doctor test your B levels... People with fibromyaliga get muscle and joint pain and irritable bowel syndrome.. but you have more symptoms then just having that so im thinking more along lines of deficiencies caused by the diarrhea may be causing more symptoms
    taniaaust1 2,267 Replies
    • August 19, 2008
    • 09:32 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I just had another thought.. any chance that you could of caught a sexually transmitted disease???In the primary stage,a painless sore or ulcer (chancre) appears at the infection site—typically the penis, vulva, or vagina. The chancre may also appear on the anus, rectum, lips, tongue, throat, cervix, fingers, or, rarely, other parts of the body. Usually, a person has only one chancre, but occasionally several develop.The chancre begins as a small red raised area, which soon turns into a painless open sore. The chancre does not bleed and is hard to the touch. Nearby lymph nodes usually swell and are also painless. About half of infected women and one third of infected men are unaware of it. Others ignore the chancre because it causes few symptoms. The chancre usually heals in 3 to 12 weeks, after which the person appears to be completely healthy. The secondary stage usually begins with a skin rash, which typically appears 6 to 12 weeks after infection. About 25% of infected people still have a healing chancre at this time. The rash usually does not itch or hurt and can have many different appearances. Unlike rashes from most other diseases, the rash of secondary syphilis commonly appears on the palms or soles. The skin rash may be short-lived or may last for months. Even if a person is not treated, the rash eventually clears up. New rashes, however, may appear weeks or months later. Secondary-stage syphilis is a generalized disease that can cause fever, fatigue, loss of appetite, and weight loss. Mouth sores develop in more than 80% of people. About 50% have enlarged lymph nodes throughout the body, and about 10% develop inflammation of the eyes. The eye inflammation usually causes no symptoms, although occasionally the optic nerve swells, which may cause some blurring of vision. About 10% of people have inflamed bones and joints that ache. It can also cause mental issues ... may be worth being tested if there is a possibility there. Maybe you have IBS and another issue like this??
    taniaaust1 2,267 Replies
    • August 19, 2008
    • 09:41 AM
    Flag this Response
  • thanks for the reply. I haven't been checked for B deficiencies so I'll look into that. already been checked for STDs and nothing showed up there. I forgot one other kind of main symptom...rectal bleeding. it comes and goes and can be severe at times. no one has found hemorroids, internal or external, though and they said they couldn't find a cause with the colonoscopy, but they said the colon heals quickly I guess so it could've just healed itself. :confused: they might do an endoscopy I guess, but they're not sure yet.
    closure 2 Replies
    • August 19, 2008
    • 11:51 AM
    Flag this Response
  • You should check all of the side effects from the meds you are on; also, they don't do blood work for syphilis or herpes2 when doing a STD screening.Sounds like it could be a couple of things...
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • August 19, 2008
    • 07:09 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Celiac disease.
    aquila 1,263 Replies
    • August 21, 2008
    • 02:20 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Have you been tested for autoimmune diseases. I know several can have skin rashes as symptoms. Also, the bleeding could be from inflammation. I have mixed connective tissue disease and have had both of those symptoms before. t
    msnova74 20 Replies
    • August 21, 2008
    • 03:16 PM
    Flag this Response
  • celiac is one of the things I'm worried about...as for autoimmune diseases I already have hashimoto's disease so I know it's more likely for me to have other ones...or so I've been told. I'm just so sick of running around in circles with these docs...I'm sick of sitting and waiting.
    closure 2 Replies
    • August 21, 2008
    • 03:50 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement