Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

Symptoms keep changing! help!

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: cazattack
  • August 17, 2008
  • 05:12 PM

So i've been having problems with my stomach area for 3 weeks now. Some days it is so bad i cannot go to work, or i cant sit up, or i cant sleep, depending on the day.
When this started, i was feeling fine, i had just recently stopped taking Alli (which is over the counter orlistat, basically a fat blocking medication to aid in dieting,etc.) granted im not overweight nor was i ever more than 30 pounds over my current weight (im a healthy weight, not a fatty) so when this started i had woken up in the middle of the night with sharp intense pain behind my belly button, that lasted for two hours and basically left my hunched up in my bed unable to move. The next day i felt weak and nauseous, had diarrhea, gas, bloating. For the next week I had on and off cramps of sharp pain around my belly button, gas, diarrhea, nausea, a general feeling of tiredness/weakness. It seemed to affect me more on days when i ate fattier/greasier or processed food or on days when i needed to make a bowel movement. During the next week, i rested much more, but still felt tired, weak and nauseous almost everyday. I had a few more boughts of diarrhea ranging from soft stoo to basically butt pee (almost all watery) i also had some green stool. I started to get sharp pain in my upper right abdomen, nder my ribs. It was sore to touch, and felt like my muscles were clenching around my rib.

So this is where i went to Urgent care. My dr couldnt feel or hear anything gave me bloodwork and sent me on my way. My bloodwork came back negative for the 6 or 7 things she tested for. The third week, again my symptoms were on and off, some days i felt decent.One day i felt great, thought it was over and then after eating a fatty lunch (french fries) and one lap around the pool i instantly felt like i was going to die. i started to shake, felt insanely nauseous and had explosive urgent diarrhea. the rest of the day i felt nauseous, weak and had chills/ was shaky. i still had occasionaly sharp pain in my right rib area. The boughts of feeling okay then the next day having diarrhea/nausea continued and halfway through the week i woke up in the morning and my abdominal muscles and my lower back muscles felt like i had just done 6 hours of pilates! I was so sore, i couldnt sit up, i couldnt lift anything i couldnt twist my body. This continued for two days, where i had more explosive diarrhea followed by uncontrollable shaking, chills and nausea.

I went to urgent care again, my doctor did pee tests, stool tests for parasites, and sent me for an ultrasound of my gallbladder because at the time the pain concentrated around that area. My pee test came abck negative, the ultrasound was negative, i havent gotten results yet from the stool test. My Dr had called upon recieving the ultrasound and said she was going to schedule me for a hida test.

Its been a 3 days since my last urgent care visit, I have completely stopped eating greasy or fatty food ( i live on applesauce, toast, water, rice, really bland food) and the pains in the gallbladder area have minimized the just feeling like my side is being clenched and is sore to touch. The main thing i notice right now is that i HAVE to eat every few hours or im so nauseous i think ill pass out, i'm getting pains all over (i think gas pains, but they freaking hurt!) and my muscles are sooo sore and weak, i cant stand for more than an hour or so, i barely walked a mile yesterday while grocery shopping and my legs have been on fire! my ab and lower back muscles feel like i'm working out everyday though all i do is sit or lay down. My abs feel like theyre constantly holding my stomach in and are tense and firm. I still have a bit of a clenching feeling around my right ribs near my stomach and its sore to touch.

does anyone have any idea what this could be? up until a few days ago my dr and i were convinced my gallbladder wasnt functioning properly because of stopping taking alli (which again, blocks fat so the gallbladder didnt need to store as much bile while i took it) but now i'm wondering if i could have nerve damage or a problem with my muscles that is causing them to clench uncontrollably?? with my wide range of symptoms i wonder what it could be or if i could have two unrelated problems? or could my muscles be weak from having a gallbladder problem?

im so confused

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement