I am curious about the origins of my freaky features. I get a lot of comments (mixed) and have no answers.
Here's the list, I've thrown in a few not so bizarre traits, too, in case they're relevant:
- long limbs but short in the body, my arm span is longer than I am tall;
- elbows don't straighten out, lots of people have tried to force my arms straight to test this one;
- hands, fingers, feet and toes are all long and narrow;
- eye lids are always visible, this is odd because I am Caucasian, I cannot count the number of people (including doctors) who suspect drug use;
- I am very sensitive to light, as a little kid I remember my Mother ordering me to lower my hands and open my eyes for photos, couldn't do it;
- small teeth, my dentist pulled a wisdom tooth and was fascinated by the size and that all four roots grew together instead of poking out in different directions;
- an overbite;
- high cheek bones;
- patch of skin above ears is ‘pixie’ shaped, high and pointy, instead of the normal rounded hairline; and
- very fine hair, I have heaaps of it, but it's so fine that when you hold it in your hand and squeeze it seems amazing that there's enough to cover my head;
I am female, 28 of English, Irish, Scottish, Cornish, Danish and German ancestry.
I've received comments from peers, teachers, doctors, nurses, hairdressers, you name it.
The last doctor I went to see about a cold asked if I was on drugs, then shone a bright light in my eyes and said something about my pupils not reacting the way they should. :confused:
Does anyone know of anything that might explain any of this?
Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.
Help your child feel better, faster.
You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.
What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.
Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,