I am curious about the origins of my freaky features. I get a lot of comments (mixed) and have no answers.
Here's the list, I've thrown in a few not so bizarre traits, too, in case they're relevant:
- long limbs but short in the body, my arm span is longer than I am tall;
- elbows don't straighten out, lots of people have tried to force my arms straight to test this one;
- hands, fingers, feet and toes are all long and narrow;
- eye lids are always visible, this is odd because I am Caucasian, I cannot count the number of people (including doctors) who suspect drug use;
- I am very sensitive to light, as a little kid I remember my Mother ordering me to lower my hands and open my eyes for photos, couldn't do it;
- small teeth, my dentist pulled a wisdom tooth and was fascinated by the size and that all four roots grew together instead of poking out in different directions;
- an overbite;
- high cheek bones;
- patch of skin above ears is ‘pixie’ shaped, high and pointy, instead of the normal rounded hairline; and
- very fine hair, I have heaaps of it, but it's so fine that when you hold it in your hand and squeeze it seems amazing that there's enough to cover my head;
I am female, 28 of English, Irish, Scottish, Cornish, Danish and German ancestry.
I've received comments from peers, teachers, doctors, nurses, hairdressers, you name it.
The last doctor I went to see about a cold asked if I was on drugs, then shone a bright light in my eyes and said something about my pupils not reacting the way they should. :confused:
Does anyone know of anything that might explain any of this?
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?