Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Freaky physical features

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: An anomaly
  • August 14, 2008
  • 04:12 PM

I am curious about the origins of my freaky features. I get a lot of comments (mixed) and have no answers.

Here's the list, I've thrown in a few not so bizarre traits, too, in case they're relevant:
- long limbs but short in the body, my arm span is longer than I am tall;
- elbows don't straighten out, lots of people have tried to force my arms straight to test this one;
- hands, fingers, feet and toes are all long and narrow;
- eye lids are always visible, this is odd because I am Caucasian, I cannot count the number of people (including doctors) who suspect drug use;
- I am very sensitive to light, as a little kid I remember my Mother ordering me to lower my hands and open my eyes for photos, couldn't do it;
- small teeth, my dentist pulled a wisdom tooth and was fascinated by the size and that all four roots grew together instead of poking out in different directions;
- an overbite;
- high cheek bones;
- patch of skin above ears is ‘pixie’ shaped, high and pointy, instead of the normal rounded hairline; and
- very fine hair, I have heaaps of it, but it's so fine that when you hold it in your hand and squeeze it seems amazing that there's enough to cover my head;

I am female, 28 of English, Irish, Scottish, Cornish, Danish and German ancestry.

I've received comments from peers, teachers, doctors, nurses, hairdressers, you name it.

The last doctor I went to see about a cold asked if I was on drugs, then shone a bright light in my eyes and said something about my pupils not reacting the way they should. :confused:

Does anyone know of anything that might explain any of this?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement