Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

trouble explaining things, any comments appreciated

Posted In: Medical Stories 8 Replies
  • Posted By: akkenny
  • August 14, 2008
  • 05:30 AM

hi im 23 years old and for the past few years i always found myself to have poor comunication skills, i have trouble explaining simple things that might have happened during the day were id leave things out and also have a poor short term memory, if someone asked me to explain a sport i might play i would have trouble explaining it even if i was playing the game 10 years, im not sure if i have a mental block or what it is and if it can be treated, or like story telling or telling jokes i just cannot do and i find it very frustrating, even telling you whats wrong with me is hard to explain lol, im not stupid or dont see myself as slow i think im very intelligent and clever. my speech at times can be a little kinda slurry at times but generally im ok but that might have somethin else to do with it, its hard to explain how im feeling even now iv been tryin to explain my condition for nearly 20 miutes now.basically its kinda like i have all the information in my head and just have trouble getting it out like, any comments would be greatly appreciated ty

Reply Flag this Discussion

8 Replies:

• hi im 23 years old and for the past few years i always found myself to have poor comunication skills, i have trouble explaining simple things that might have happened during the day were id leave things out and also have a poor short term memory, if someone asked me to explain a sport i might play i would have trouble explaining it even if i was playing the game 10 years, im not sure if i have a mental block or what it is and if it can be treated, or like story telling or telling jokes i just cannot do and i find it very frustrating, even telling you whats wrong with me is hard to explain lol, im not stupid or dont see myself as slow i think im very intelligent and clever. my speech at times can be a little kinda slurry at times but generally im ok but that might have somethin else to do with it, its hard to explain how im feeling even now iv been tryin to explain my condition for nearly 20 miutes now.basically its kinda like i have all the information in my head and just have trouble getting it out like, any comments would be greatly appreciated tyi DONT THINK THEIR IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH YOU SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST ALOT SHYER THAN OTHERS AND CANNOT EXPRESS THINGS IN THE WAY THEY MIGHT LIKE TOO . TRY JUST RELAXING AND BEING YOURSELF .YOU MAY NOT FEEL COMFTABLE AROUND CERTAIN PEOPLE SO THEY UNNERVE YOU ,TALK TO SOME ONE WHO YOU FEEL RELAXED WITH AND I BET YOUR FINE , I FEEL YOUR WORRYING OVER NOTHING you may just be a bit insecure
    kdw5919 1 Replies
    • August 26, 2008
    • 10:40 AM
    Flag this Response
  • May be brain fog. Is a symptom of Fibromyalgia.
    Anne at FibroFix.com 9 Replies
    • August 28, 2008
    • 10:34 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi dont worry i knw exactly what you mean i have the same problem. Its so frustrating. My communication skills suck (lol couldnt think of a better wrd) and i too have bad short-term memory my long term memory isnt bad. I hope dere is a way we can get better at explaining ourselves :(
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 30, 2008
    • 02:12 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Judging by your post I'd say that you do very well at explaining things. At least your composition skills seem perfectly intact. Do you ingest any sort of Nutra sweet sweetend foods? Nutra sweet has been shown to directly affect the short term memory. If you drink diet sodas, then you possibly have experienced reduced short term memory skills depending on the amount you drank. Many prepared foods and diet foods also include Nutra-sweet as an ingredient. Luckily the symptoms are only temporary. All you have to do to reverse the effects is to stop eating/drinking them. Good-Luck and I hope this helps.
    longbeachjaz 1 Replies
    • October 31, 2008
    • 07:19 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Judging by your post I'd say that you do very well at explaining things. At least your composition skills seem perfectly intact. Do you ingest any sort of Nutra sweet sweetend foods? Nutra sweet has been shown to directly affect the short term memory. If you drink diet sodas, then you possibly have experienced reduced short term memory skills depending on the amount you drank. Many prepared foods and diet foods also include Nutra-sweet as an ingredient. Luckily the symptoms are only temporary. All you have to do to reverse the effects is to stop eating/drinking them. Good-Luck and I hope this helps. hi i just read your post and ill give it a go, i appreciate the posts guys and im now goin to check up on that brain fog, thanks guys
    akkenny 2 Replies
    • November 2, 2008
    • 02:39 AM
    Flag this Response
  • wow that second paragraph you wrote is all me, like all the information is in my head but i just have trouble explaining it, my mind goes blank or i only remember bits of the story/subject and the information comes out in patches, when i write it actually relaxes me cause i seem to get the information out a lot easier and sound a lot smarter and well spoken lol. its just a such a struggle talking to even people i know about something that might have happened last night or that day. its so frustrating. what do you mean by cell phone towers? actually now that i think about it i seem to talk a lot better funniely enough when im drunk, can anyone shed any light on that, i thought it would be the other way around ha.
    akkenny 2 Replies
    • November 5, 2008
    • 03:16 AM
    Flag this Response
  • hey , omg im 23 also and exa ctly what u described there is exactly what i go thro, oh my, khadine.ali@gmail.com is my email please contact me so we can chat more, this worries me alot cus i feel like im goin crazy, and when i speak i sumtimes repeat the same t word or slurr it annoying cuz i feel like the person im talking to maybe thinks that im dumb or sumthing. pls contact
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • i DONT THINK THEIR IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH YOU SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST ALOT SHYER THAN OTHERS AND CANNOT EXPRESS THINGS IN THE WAY THEY MIGHT LIKE TOO . TRY JUST RELAXING AND BEING YOURSELF .YOU MAY NOT FEEL COMFTABLE AROUND CERTAIN PEOPLE SO THEY UNNERVE YOU ,TALK TO SOME ONE WHO YOU FEEL RELAXED WITH AND I BET YOUR FINE , I FEEL YOUR WORRYING OVER NOTHING you may just be a bit insecureThis is good advice. I myself have done this same thing my whole life, and Im 52. I still do it from time to time. I feel its just letting your surrounding intemidate you, such as being in a room full of people, or being being put on the spot at work where your imput could help resolve technical issues. First you have to breath and relax BEFORE you speek. When you rush into it, its only gonna get worse. You will become frustrated and angry, and when your emotions come into play you are going to say just whats on your mind, but your tone is not going to be excepted very well. In a meeting sit with a friend or some one that you are comfortable with. Relay information through him or her if you are not prepared to talk. Let them speak for you. If they take credit for your imput or idea, you are setting next to the wrong person.When you find yourself not being able to communicate clearly, STOP TALKING. Calm yourself down, or discuss it later. If its important write in down, then give it to the person you are trying to talk to. If you are mentally prepared, your words will flow as they should. When you are not mentally prepared, find another way to communicate.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement