Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Urinary and genital problems. Docs can't work this out! Is this an STD?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Jamie123
  • July 21, 2008
  • 01:28 AM

First post, so here goes...

My name is Jamie and around 4 months ago I started getting sporadic pains in my genital/scrotal area. This developed pretty rapidly into the sensation of needing the toilet very frequently (pretty much as soon as I've urinated). I have sometime very intense rushes down the urethra to go along with this. I also have had testicular pain throughout the last 4 months along with pain when I urinate and a pressure sensation in my right hand side of the abdomen. To accompany this is a clear thick discharge (rather like pre-ejaculation) that coats the inside of my penis, sometime this is more plentiful than others. I have had an ultrasound on my testcles and there is signs of some imflammation due to some kind of infection.
I have visited our local Genito Urinary clinic probably around 8 or 9 times now. All the major players have been eliminated ie: Chlamiydia, Gonnareha, Sifilis, Hepatitis, HIV. The only thing they sporadically find is bacteria and imflammation on the swab test. I have taken 4 weeks of Ciprofloxacin (nothing) and 3 weeks of Doxcycleine (nothing). Both have not changed this situation in any way.

The first diagnosis was Prostatitis, but due to the clear discharge..the doctor now thinks this is an incorrect diagnosis and I have been referred to a Urolagist (waiting time before even a consultation is 8 weeks ;-(Meanwhile life is almost unbearable.

Now, I'm not sure if this is unrelated but at the same time as these problems, I have been having sporadic pains in my neck and shoulders (sometimes debilitating). Then the pain/tenderness becomes quite specific (seems like it's in the tendons in the neck) so much that I cannot touch the area. When this occurs, the problems in my genital area seems to subside a little. This cycle has been going on for the last 3 months yet no doctors can give me any explanation as to how this could be connected. I also feel like i'm full of cold and totally exhausted pretty much every other day!

My concerns are that I have caught some kind of sexually transmitted virus which the GUM clinic is not testing for. Something that moves around my body and my immune system is not fighting properley. I went to America last November and I remember that when I came home I had the sensation of needing the toilet frequently for about a week, then it seemed to go away. I did have sexual encounters with two girls whilst over there and this is my worry. One was with a condom, the other wasn't.

I have a girlfriend here and this is putting enormous strain on our relationship, however she doesen't seem to be having problems at all and we have had sex at least 5 times since I got back from America. Sex is obviously not so much on the agenda due to the psychological issues I have with the whole area down there.

I am totally at my wits end, fed up and very concerned.

Any advice or help/connection would be hugely hugely appreciated!!

Jamie.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement