Discussions By Condition: Diabetes

do i have diabetes,#'s over 200

Posted In: Diabetes 10 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 6, 2008
  • 08:24 PM

hi,i have a lot of symtoms and have had some of these since i was very young.i'm 21 m,and some of my syptoms are unexplained weight loss and dehydration even though i drink lots of water.stomach pain and problems including not emptying blood(not much)black spots flat and yellow and get full easy

vison problems,dizzynes passing out headaches nerve problems short of breath arthritis muscle stiffness/cramping very tired but can't sleep good kidney prob.(protein,sugar,blood)frequent urination and painful and swelled prostate and glands thoughout body.

mental problemstingling feet and hands raing off beat heart rate.and alot more.i started testing my glucose for a few weeks and it goes to 200 but not everyday mostly afternoon or night is worse.does this mean i have diabetes or would something else cause it,please help i'm in so much pain thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion

10 Replies:

• Have you had a fasting blood glucose test? Have you seen a doctor?
    Beth56 272 Replies Flag this Response
  • i just have a home testing glucose meter and have had no diabetic tests.and i have went to a doc before but i lost my insurance and when i was younger around 12 (differnt doc)and they said it was mental and put me on trileptal(9 years)and in the last year i've got alot worse so i stopped it recently and feel better without it. i didn't have many test done besides urine before i lost it which had blood protein blood cells and some other stuff. they told me to get one i've only had it for two weeks(glucose meter)and it's been 130 150 180 200 exc.alot but it does go down to 100 some mostly mornings.i am really worried about my kidneys bowels and heart.and so weak and dehydrated.it feel like i'm barely getting by.thanks
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I'm not sure I understand all of your health issues.But regarding your blood glucose, try testing in the morning before you eat or drink anything. Nothing to eat or drink 12 hours before you test.When you eat during the day, the blood glucose will fluctuate, that's why you are getting different results.
  • when i eat is when it goes up though.if i eat sugar even a little it shoots up.
  • when i eat is when it goes up though.if i eat sugar even a little it shoots up.That is normal.But you must fast to test your blood glucose for diabetes.
  • explain fast i know its a fasting glucose test(i'm new at this),and my wife ate the same as i did and and was wanted to know what hers was and it was 84 and mine was 200.it seems to go higher and get there quicker every day.i can't eat anything without feeling bad.thanks
  • I already did explain it in a previous post, but will try again.Do not eat or drink anything after 10:00pm. The next morning around 7:00am, test your blood, before you eat or drink anything.The reason for this is to not have any food or drink 8 hours prior to the test. When you eat anything your blood sugar will rise. This is why you must not eat or drink anything 8 hours prior to the test. Your wife and you will probably have different readings, because no two people are the same. Write down your test results and the date and time of the test.Repeat this test exactly the same way once a week over the next few weeks. Remember, testing your blood glucose by finger stick may have a different reading than if done by blood drawn by needle. But it will still give you an idea of what your blood glucose is.Guidelines of test results: The American Diabetes Association (ADA) criteria for diagnosing diabetes are met when any of the following results have been repeated on at least two different days: If your fasting blood glucose level measures in the range of 100 mg/dL (5.5 mmol/L) to 125 mg/dL (6.9 mmol/L), you are considered to have prediabetes (impaired fasting glucose), and you have an increased chance of getting diabetes.A fasting blood glucose level is 126 mg/dL (7.0 mmol/L) or higher. (If this is your test result, then I would suggest going to a doctor and having a fasting blood test done by having blood drawn with a needle.)I hope this makes sense. Let me know what your results were.
  • ok,thanks i have done it that way a coulple of times,and it was 101 and 115 and was lower those days like 150.but i will do it again in the morning.thanks
  • what you need to do is go to the doctor and tell them your symtoms, and see if they can set you up for a fasting glucose test, I had symtoms of diabetes for about 5 years before I became sick I kept telling the doctors about my symtoms and all they would do is poke my finger and say I am ok finally I kept getting to the point where I was so tired I would just fall asleep at my desk at work and not even know I was sleep, I was always thirsty, stomach pains, dizzy, shaky, headaches out this world, and very agitated, and weight up and down and late at night I would get up and have this strong urge to eat all kinds of sweet stuff at like 2 or 3 am, I finally found a good doctor I still go to her for the last 5 years she took me serious when I told her I was so sleepy and shaking that I was scared I was just gonna fall alseep at the wheel, so she ordered that test for me and found out that I was diabetic, so bad that I could have went into a diabetic coma, ending up loosing a few toenails, I am now on medication and it's under control I feel so much better, don't mess around with this being a diabetic is ******n you but with the right doctor and meds you will be fine, GET A TEST DONE, best of luck to you
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 22, 2009
    • 06:28 AM
    Flag this Response
  • There are some good advice here. I hope you have taken it. Diabetes is such a bad disease you want to be sure to get a jump on it and not let it control your life. Good luck.
    mkandy 4 Replies
    • October 30, 2009
    • 06:50 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement