Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Just my opinion, but when you post, be polite and acknowledge

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 7 Replies
  • Posted By: Joan5555
  • July 6, 2008
  • 01:03 AM

I like coming here to help if I can because I know what it is like to suffer and not be getting any help from the doctors.

However, if someone reaches out to help a stranger, I think it is at least polite to let that person know that you read the thread...at least that...otherwise we have no way of knowing if the posts are being read, or are a waste .....It is not that I want to be thanked...not at all...just to know that the post was read and "processed";).... Joan

Reply Flag this Discussion

7 Replies:

• I like coming here to help if I can because I know what it is like to suffer and not be getting any help from the doctors. However, if someone reaches out to help a stranger, I think it is at least polite to let that person know that you read the thread...at least that...otherwise we have no way of knowing if the posts are being read, or are a waste .....It is not that I want to be thanked...not at all...just to know that the post was read and "processed";).... Joan I hear you!DOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies Flag this Response
  • I read the posts but I might not have a comment on your particular situation, so rather than make a comment I just choose the ones I have some knowledge about. Unless someone wants to pay me to make a comment to everyone who posts, I don't have the time or information that everyone needs. Who would you elect to "acknowledge" the poster? You can have that job...okay???
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
  • there are two types of people those who will post a thread wait for responses check into them post any new symptoms and continue like this until they get a diagnosis and those who start a thread wait five minutes then log off and never return. I don't get these people. why leave the site before getting a diagnosis there will always be people with new suggestions even if its months or years later. and if you do find a diagnosis post it so if someone with similar symptoms finds your thread that will help them. and if someone replies I don't expect people to respond to each individual person but it would be nice to say thanks for the repliies I will look into it or something like that. that's just my opinion.
    qwertyuiop123 453 Replies Flag this Response
  • Yes, you are talking about the other end; after we've looked up med combos or ran their symptoms through google. Yes, it would be nice for them to respond. Also, you rarely get the feedback if they followed up with the suggestions and the outcome of their recommended tests. I don't expect it; so many different people on the planet. I like the foreign people who are usually so thoughtful and thank you.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
  • Yes, and if they did follow up, then others would surely benefit by knowing what worked and what did not...I have to say I have been frustrated many times myself when I was quite sick to find a "dead thread" after reading the whole thing only to see that the poster who was sick never followed up and others would never know the outcome.....Joan
    Joan5555 316 Replies Flag this Response
  • I agree, Joan! Feedback would be greatly appreciated, by both who read and who write. I must also add this. I have followed this forum for a while, and I think you guys are doing a great job. Keep up the good work!
    Felsen 510 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi JoanI came across this site by accident, and posted when I was really low. Just knowing that there are people "out there" who will not judge you and accept that what you are saying is true. I am still waiting for diagnosis - am going into hospital in a couple of weeks for tests. I am dreading this, but know that I have to do it. This site and the people on it have been a great support, even if some people are a bit scarey......!Reading about other peoples difficulties, and replies and help and all that really does help. I am a nurse, and I think this sometimes makes it harder.Thanks again to everyone who replied to my rantings!Peaxxxx
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement