Discussions By Condition: Medical Errors

Drug Withdrawal.... please help

Posted In: Medical Errors 13 Replies
  • Posted By: MsBeach
  • June 16, 2008
  • 03:42 AM

My daughter was a drug taker for 5 yrs and she has gradually stopped and it is has been 7 months since she's free from it. She took ecstacy, eramine5 and k... Now she's complaining of symptoms like hot flushes, twitching and crawling sensations and the most im worried about is complaints of her head or brain such as throbbing pain feeling as if its going to burst.. and she's been telling me that she feels like dying.. and a few times she's even fell unconscious for a few seconds. We have done brain scan and got a good result, now im wondering if she should do mri scan. I would really appreciate it if anyone has explanation for this... fill me in as im very worried. Thank you.

Reply Flag this Discussion

13 Replies:

• Do you have copies of her blood work - have they done any blood work?DOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies Flag this Response
  • Yes she has done blood test and results came good. Any suggestions?
    MsBeach 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • Yes she has done blood test and results came good. Any suggestions? Don't take their word for it...I would get copies of the bloodwork and see what the levels are- things like B12 have a range of normal that goes from 400-1100. If she is on the lower end of normal (say 400 or below) this could be an issue and the docs would miss it. Methyl B12 sublingual lozenges might then be in order. Also, a more thorough thyroid panel should be done to rule out thyroid issues. What is her diet like? Does she eat a lot of sugar and prcessed foods? Her history of drug use puts her at risk for multiple vitamin/mineral deficiencies and I would recommend her taking a good quality FOOD based multinutrient supplement. Lastly, I recommend trying acupuncture. it is fantastic for drug detox and for getting the body back in balance. Very helpful for migraines, body pain, emotional disorders and such. Is she taking any medications currently, including birth control? Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies Flag this Response
  • She has stopped taking birth control pills since 7 months ago along with all her previous takings including smoking. Her general chemistry results are as follows:- Sodium 140 mmol/LPotassium 4.5 mmol/LChloride 104 mmol/LBicarbonate 28 mmol/LAnion gap 13 mmol/LUric Acid 0.29 mmol/LCreatinine 0.07 mmol/LeGFR (MDRD) 96 mLUrea 4.0 mmol/LPhospate 1.41 mmol/LCalcium 2.44 mmol/LCorrected Calcium 2.32 mmol/LAlbumin 46 g/LProtein 76 g/LBilirubin 8 umol/LAlk Phos 34 U/LGamma GT 15 U/LAST 16 U/LALT 12 U/LGlucose 4.3 mmol/LCholesterol 4.6 mmol/Ltriglycerides 1.30 mmol/L Currently she's taking Blackmores Multivitamins and Executive B and Gingkor Biloba (Tanakan) for about 5 months now and she's taking lots of fruit juice and good diet since she's come back to live with me. The blood test was done in January 08. Is it advisable to continue the vitamins? Pls advice. Thank you very much.
    MsBeach 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • lay off the gingkor only because i heard it's not good for the nervous system. i would take her from doctor to doctor till i found out what's wrong. it has to be something.
    forgetlee 11 Replies
    • August 24, 2008
    • 02:12 AM
    Flag this Response
  • stop any and all drugs or prescriptions for 3 - 4 months. and just eat healthy food (salads) and drink lots of water. if she has a habit of drugs tell her until her health gets better maybe only cigarettes and alcohol. those are bad yes but pot and anything else is 10 times worse I can tell you that for sure. Oh and also maybe buy a bottle of Centrum. A multi vitamin. Eat one a day with a meal. Her body has to get better, its the laws of nature.
    nvapro 17 Replies
    • September 2, 2008
    • 10:00 PM
    Flag this Response
  • stop any and all drugs or prescriptions for 3 - 4 months. and just eat healthy food (salads) and drink lots of water. if she has a habit of drugs tell her until her health gets better maybe only cigarettes and alcohol. those are bad yes but pot and anything else is 10 times worse I can tell you that for sure. Oh and also maybe buy a bottle of Centrum. A multi vitamin. Eat one a day with a meal. Her body has to get better, its the laws of nature. Centrum is one of the WORST rated vitamins on earth - you are literally ******g your money away and causing toxicity in your body by using this product. Also, DON'T EVER JUST STOP TAKING MEDICATIONS! This is dangerous and you need to talk with your doc about slowly tapering or changing any medication that is prescribed. Sorry, but I found this response quite irresponsible. DOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • September 3, 2008
    • 04:32 AM
    Flag this Response
  • ^ yea you would find it irresponsible Dom. you'd also find it offensive if i said NObama 08. wake up, unless you have a disease or terminal illness should you be taking medications. I'm sorry but birth control and emotional problems is all in the head. I am a thoroughbred and surprising to you people in other countries sometimes don't wear shoes walking in the streets. But you know what we as humans have lived this far. You keep running from germs and they will find you and take over your weak unexperienced body. you probably break out in rashes when using the wrong soap :rolleyes:. I drop food and guess what I pick it back up and throw it in my mouth, thats right Dom. See me in the coliseum so I can feast upon your liver. P.S. When I cook turkey I like to eat the liver and heart. :DOh and I bought Centrum for 10 bucks at CVS and got like 200 pills like 3 months ago. Oh no waste of money. You should see the money I piss away on belvedere and courvoisier daily. - Pro
    nvapro 17 Replies
    • September 3, 2008
    • 05:28 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Doctors have no idea which medications react to certain drugs. They overlook the habitual drug users. One day your taking birth control and some friends decide to do some coke or smoke a joint and you are having a seizure. All the human body needs is rest, water, food, sunlight, and oxygen. How old is the medical field??? How old is the human race??? jeeeez ***n liberals...
    nvapro 17 Replies
    • September 3, 2008
    • 05:36 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Those are all symptoms of drug withdrawl. Doctors tell you that they'll go away after a week or two, but, in truth, they can last for months. She will feel like she is going to die and probably will want to die from the pain and discomfort. It can be extremely hard to "get normal" again because withdrawls can cause a person to vomit up everything she eats. As painful as it is (she probably just wants to lie down all the time), taking short walks can help to relieve the symptoms, especially the "crawling" sensations.
    Kumbricia 5 Replies
    • September 6, 2008
    • 06:30 PM
    Flag this Response
  • These symptoms sound like they could be due to withdrawal from amphetamine type drugs. These symptoms can indeed last months. I would suggest support group attendance and spiritual help.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 8, 2008
    • 05:39 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I think the person with alcohol dependence may hide or deny his addiction, and may temporarily manage to maintain a functional life, assessing for alcohol-related disorder can be difficult. Many minor complaints may be alcohol-related. The patient may report malaise, dyspepsia, mood swings or depression, and an increased incidence of infection.
    anderson111 10 Replies
    • February 8, 2011
    • 06:30 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have been clean for 2 months but smoked a j about a week ago. Now I find out I have a drug test next week. I bought a 2-day "Complete Body Cleansing Program" from GNC. Will this work? Is there even any pot in my system from a week ago? Thanks for your help
    Discursuinege 1 Replies
    • February 17, 2011
    • 06:09 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement