Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

18 months ol toddler's undiagnised viral fever

Posted In: Medical Stories 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 14, 2008
  • 09:02 PM

Hi,
My baby is 18 months old and she has high fever (101 to 105.2 deg F) every three hours or 4 hours once. This has continued for 7 days. Doctors have eleminated the possibilities of urinal infections, strep throat, menengitis. She does not have any rashes on body. She has lost her apetite, she has small white blisters on throat and couple on her tongue. We are giving her tylenol and Mortin alternately every 3 hours once to keep the fever low. She is an active kid and tries to play when the fever is down. Now we have started with tylenol from rectal, as she is very fuzzy taking her oral medicine. Please suggest which viral fever this may be, we are wondering whether this is Kawasaki, Herpengina, Entro, Adeno, Coxsackie. Please suggest as soon as possible. We are very much worried.
Thanks,
Nidhi

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• an acquaintance kissed my 18 month old on her lips and gave her herpes 1. She had a high fever and totally sick from it. I finally took her for acupuncture and she finally began to recover. It can be pretty bad for babies. It does sound like a virus of some type, maybe a measles-like virus without a rash. Have her hearing checked after she recovers.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi,My baby is 18 months old and she has high fever (101 to 105.2 deg F) every three hours or 4 hours once. This has continued for 7 days. Doctors have eleminated the possibilities of urinal infections, strep throat, menengitis. She does not have any rashes on body. She has lost her apetite, she has small white blisters on throat and couple on her tongue. We are giving her tylenol and Mortin alternately every 3 hours once to keep the fever low. She is an active kid and tries to play when the fever is down. Now we have started with tylenol from rectal, as she is very fuzzy taking her oral medicine. Please suggest which viral fever this may be, we are wondering whether this is Kawasaki, Herpengina, Entro, Adeno, Coxsackie. Please suggest as soon as possible. We are very much worried.Thanks,NidhiNidhi - my 30 month-old has the same symptoms. What was the diagnosis?Thank you!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 5, 2008
    • 07:29 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Sound like Hand Foot and Mouth Disease. Your pediatrician should be aware of what it is. Causes a fever, sometimes blisters on hand, feet, mouth, however can be some times just blisters on the inside of the mouth etc. Causes the children to not want to eat due to the pain.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 13, 2008
    • 00:04 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement