Discussions By Condition: Spinal conditions

There going to fuse my spine who has had my symptoms?

Posted In: Spinal conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: fernstaedtamy
  • June 10, 2008
  • 00:18 AM

I am so nervous to have a surgery I don't feel (in my gut) is necessary. I have an aching forearm, sometimes my thumb and first finger go numb... and many other symptoms that could confirm C567 diagnosis. However, I do not have pain in my actual spine. I can turn my head, the arm/hand issues are not painful just hypersensitive and achy and sometimes weak. The pain I do have is quite a bit lower than the area they are treating. I feel it is in the C7 and lower range. It is a sharp stabbing sensation that comes from out of nowhere sometimes. It actually makes me jump and cry out. Positional? NO. It is everyday with or without activity. I have tried traction, P.T., several nerve root blocks as well as trigger point injections and a whole spectrum of meds. I just worry because everyone keeps asking about the "pain" in my neck and arm. There is no pain except for the stabbing sensation that is lower and very localized. I have had a few different M.D's opinions, now I have to decide my next step in my treatment. If anyone relates closely to this or if anyone has had a cervical fusion Please respond I need you!!! How bad was it? If your symptoms were similar did they go away? Any encouraging word would be welcomed. Thanks!

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Please, have you tried acupuncture or chiropractic to help your symptoms? I would try acupuncture at least for a month before resorting to a fusion surgery. Please visit www.acufinder.com for info and to find a qualified practitioner near you. Acupuncture works!!! Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies Flag this Response
  • I had a C5 & 6 spinal fusion with instrumentation. I had a car wreck. I had aches and pains for several months, one of them being a severe sharp pain on the backside of my shoulder, sorta close to my lower neck. I assumed it was torn muscles. After about a year it went away.
    pegasus 3 Replies
    • August 13, 2008
    • 11:42 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement