Discussions By Condition: Bladder conditions

home diagnostic of bladder infection?

Posted In: Bladder conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: mraroid
  • June 6, 2008
  • 06:27 PM

Hi...

My girlfriend has had a on going bladder infection that comes and goes for the last 3 months. She does not like to go to the doctor. She has tried cranberry drink & pills, D-Mannose, Uva Ursi, and a few other herbs. I think the next step is to culture it and then try to ID it. I know how and have the ability to spread agar on a pitri dish and autoclave it in a pressure cooker. I have done work like this at home growing out bryophites and fungus on sterile agar in pitri dishes. I have several microscopes.

So, what do I do, and where do I go in the web to figure out what I am looking at?

Where I can I go for help?
Help!

mraroid
Oregon

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• Even if you cultured it, what are you going to do next? She will still need to go to the doctor to get antibiotics.And if she goes to the doctor now, they can put her on antibiotics and get rid of it within days.All the stuff she is trying is great for relieving symptoms but she needs an antibiotic to kill the bacteria.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Even if you cultured it, what are you going to do next? She will still need to go to the doctor to get antibiotics.She buys antibiotics from India.And if she goes to the doctor now, they can put her on antibiotics and get rid of it within days.I know. Makes sense to me, but she will not do it. It drives me nuts.All the stuff she is trying is great for relieving symptoms but she needs an antibiotic to kill the bacteria.I understand. This is so stupid. I don't know why she will not go to the doctors. I found a test strip called a dip stick, that you dip in urine. It shows if you have white blood cells or not - this tells you if you have a infection. This will help me rule out cancer and perhaps IC/PBS. What I need a bladder disorder text book for doctors, but they all cost $300 or more even used on Amazon. This is so frustrating for me..... When I get sick I just go to the doctor. I thought everyone did. Thanks for the feedback.Mr Aroid
    mraroid 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • Have her go to your county STD clinic for a screening; they will also do a bladder infection check all for free.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement