Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

PCOS, Deviated Septum, Bromhidrosis, Hypothyroidism, tori palate, hypertension

Posted In: Medical Stories 0 Replies
  • Posted By: PuertoVallartaGirl
  • June 3, 2008
  • 05:12 PM

Ok, I think I may have had Bromhidrosis for several years, which comes on and off. However, since I lived in an area that was cooler, the Pacific NW, It did not show it's face often.

I've been in Puerto Vallarta for a year now and have learned some new medical issues as well as started having additional health problems.

Last August I had a terrible ear infection and went to a Ear nose throat doctor who actually spoke english and put a camera in side my nose.

He told me #1, I have a deviated septum. This explains years and years of sinus infections.
#2, I have a tori palate that is quite large. I actually didn't know that everyone didn't have that. I just never thought about it.

I also have this bromhidrosis. And after going to an endocrinologist because I thought it might be related to all of my other conditions such as, PCOS, Insulin Resistance, and Hypothyroidism. She considered my conditions very carefully and then sent me to the dermotologist.
The dermotologist told me it is a bacterial infection inside my apocrine gland.

Now my question is... when you look up bromhidrosis it always says if in children it could be related to a nasal blockage. What I am wondering is why this connection is not made for adults. Couldn't it be that my devated septum is the cause of my bromhidrosis?

Or could one of my other health issues be the cause.

My health seems to be getting worse and worse right now.

I now have hypertension. Is there any possiblity that hypertension could be related to liver failure caused by taking metformin?

ok
thats all.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement