Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

everyone thinks it's driving anxiety but..

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 23, 2008
  • 09:10 PM

Please help, I am desperate. I have not driven since January. Every time I try to get behind the wheel and drive (or am a passenger in the car) I get this weird sensation, like my brain can't keep up with my eyes. I feel slightly nauseous and shaky. Mostly though, it's like my eyes aren't seeing things right-- like they can't take in all the information. It seems surreal, and like everything is passing by the window too quickly. I also feel almost like I could lose consciousness at any moment (even though I never have). I have been on anti-depressant/anti-anxiety drugs, beta blockers, had an EKG, blood sugar, blood pressure, been tested for vertigo, and saw a psychologist who tried to do gradual baby steps with me. I do NOT have anxious thoughts though. I am not thinking about how dangerous the car is or that something bad is going to happen. It's just this horrible physical feeling. I don't know what else to do but not being able to drive is really wearing on me.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement