Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Physical issue or Anxiety related?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: mischa.s
  • May 21, 2008
  • 05:55 AM

Hi there,
I am a 27 year old healthy female other than mild to moderate seasonal anxiety currently not on medication but out of season. I have a strange list of symptoms which may be anxiety related but I am concerned in case they are physical. My doctor is as well but he is waiting for the test results. I take comfort in research and it is difficult being left in the dark. My doctor has booked the following tests: Full Blood work (Only slightly lower white blood cells metioned), Pelvic exam (appointment in June), MRI on head (in Aug).

Here are the symptoms, most commencing 6 months ago.

Night sweats 2, 3 times a week (Normally cold)

Inability to remember very common words like "matteress". Can describe but can't find the word. Eventually able to remember after 2+ mins or prompted by another person. Daily and very frustrating as I am known for my memory.:D

Menstrual bleeding time shorter, length of cycle longer.

Extreme sensitivity to eating sounds (I hate it, it makes me cookoo)

Very very irritable/easy to enrage from a 1 to a 10 in seconds (it scares me)

Emotions unpredictable for better or worse. weepy then focused then sleepy-who knows!

Headaches that peaked in January (more that month than my life time)

Slightly lowered white blood cells

weight gain

feeling of creepy crawlies on skin

Ear sounds like crackling and feedback - 3 weeks in Jan then a few episodes here and there.

Dr says Thyroid is enlarged but smooth. He didn't mention anything about the bloodwork so I am assuming it was fine.

Anyways I absolutely understand there is a possibility this could be mentally related as we do have mental illness in our family. Despite this understanding I really feel something else is wrong as my anxiety has never manifested itself physically.

Well I am off to bed but I hope some one has any idea that will tie this together. My biggest questions are the weird symptoms like missing words, eating noises, rage,night sweats.

Thank you for your ideas,

Mischa

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement