Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

Why can't I move my legs when I kneel down?

Posted In: Muscle conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: jeanill
  • May 6, 2008
  • 07:34 PM

It is very hard for me to kneel down. My leg muscles burn inside and feel heavy-like lead when I try to do this. If I kneel on the floor on one knee, I can hardly move that leg to get up again. It is frozen in place. And I can NOT use that leg to leverage myself up. (I have to use both arms to push myself up.) This started in 2001, when I noticed I was having trouble getting out of the bathtub. And it has gotten worse since then!:( I also can not do squats, because once I am in a squatting position, I can NOT get up, either! Both legs will burn inside and feel like dead weights. My knees are SO weak, that they can not support my weight getting up. Does anyone know why I can not move my legs when I kneel down, or do squats? My doctor does not know. He has been telling me that I have mild "spinal stenosis" at level L4-L5, but that he did not think it was bad enough to be causing leg symptoms. Since he did NOT find anything else, what could be wrong with my legs? MS? ALS? Nerve damage? (Would a lumbar MRI show the caudia equina...sorry so technical here-but I was researching this-and I think these nerves could be compressed, and the doctor did not find this yet.) What else could cause this! I hope a doctor reads this question!:) Please help:o! I have been diagnosed with claudication when I walk, but not why I can not move my legs when I kneel down.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement