Discussions By Condition: Endocrine conditions

Thyroid

Posted In: Endocrine conditions 5 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 5, 2006
  • 03:31 PM

What is the bodt tempture for anyone with a low thyroid?

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

• You might find more than you ever dreamed about this subject @ www.wilsonssyndrome.com. There is a huge amount of info on Wilson's Temperature Syndrome. What a blessing. Good luck!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Help! I am so confused. Since March I have been feeling horrible. Incredibly foggy-headed, unable to concentrate, some motor coordination issues in my right arm, swollen glands, sinus pain at eyebrows, low grade fevers, night sweats, sore neck and shoulders and extreme fatigue. I have an enlarged thyroid but according to my doctor who took blood tests, I do not need to take medication because my levels are normal. I saw a neurologist who took cat scans and an mri of my head and neck and and "nothing out of the norm." I also saw an ENT who said my sinuses do not look infected or full mucas, despite severe sinus pain at my eyebrows. I have an infected wisdom tooth that showed up on some dental x-rays and though I am not having pain, I am having it pulled tomorrow. Could this be what is causing all of this? I am not sure what else to do or what this is? I feel exhauseted and not sure what is going on. Does anyone have any thoughts?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 14, 2006
    • 04:08 PM
    Flag this Response
  • You should visit Mary Shomons web site or purchase her book on hypothyroidism. You might have hashimoto auto immune thyroiditis. Do you have antibodies? Dr need to check your thyroid several times in order to get the big picture, they know that. My son was recently diagnosed with hashimotos, twice he had an elevated tsh, the third time before meds, hit was normal. He has antibodies present but, they were within range. He has a goiter, they started him on synthroid. Some people need a combination of t4/t3, 98% t4,2% t3, not all docs follow this, search for a new Doc, one that will listen. Your not crazy, just not getting appropr iate treatment. Good luck Sus
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 13, 2006
    • 08:53 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Elliebelly - I would be making an appointment ASAP with an endocrinologist if i were you to really check out the thyroid - sounds like it could be a combination of things but don't stop till you get some answers. good luck Theresa
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 14, 2006
    • 01:26 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Elliebelly- Have Your Thyroid Antibodies Tested And A Vitamin Panel Blood Test Done For Poss Vitamin D Deficiency...i Had My Family Dr's Looking For A Thyroid Problem For 5 Yrs And All Came Back Normal But I Knew That I Had A Gland Problem, 100lbs Later, An Endocrinologist Found It By Doing An Antibodies Test! I Have A Major Vitamin D Deficiency Problem Possibly Caused By The Obesity And An Auto-immune Disease And Experience Brain Fog/memory Problems On A Daily Basis....hope This Helps!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 7, 2007
    • 04:47 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement