Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Need input on rash

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 22, 2008
  • 06:12 AM

My husband has a rash on his arms and legs. He's seen a dermatoligist who prescribed this ridiculously high priced cream that after 2 tubes still didn't work. The rash started on his left arm, then migrated to his right, then to his calves. He's used Nivea, baby oil, silver water, lanolin and glycerin with some rose oil, lamisil, neosporin, benadryl cream and pills, nothing seems to work. He's had this for about 8 months now.

Where it's the worst the skin is hard, dry, darker than the rest of his arm and there is some heat, like a sunburn type heat that I can feel too. There are open sores and he continually scratches it, even in his sleep. Where it's not so bad, it looks like heat rash.

The weird part of this is that it comes and goes, it will subside on it's own, then it will rage out of control. He is a carpenter and was doing some renovating on a hospital with asbestos insulation, we thought that might have caused it initially, but he's been away from there for several weeks now, and it's just following the same course, subside and rage. He washes his arms several times a day, uses very hot water, which he says soothes it, and a mild soap. I'm not seeing lines that I would associate with blood poisoning, no fever, no loss of strength, no sleepiness, the only symptom is the rash that just won't go away.

At this point we're desperate and are open to any suggestions.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement