Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Desperate for an Answer!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: t_fleming
  • April 1, 2008
  • 01:02 PM

Hi everyone
I am hoping to get some answers about something that has been happening to my boyfriend for over a year now and despite at least 6 trips to the DR. we are still having the same problem.

Basically it is like he is sick with a cold or something like that allll the time..year round. He is very mucusy and coughs up and spits out mucus almost all day (gross I know). Then almost every morning he wakes up and goes into the bathroom and starts to cough, and he says that his stomach feels bloated every morning and as soon as he starts coughing he needs to throw up. But when he throws up he says its just bascially muscus and no food or anything like that. He is only 23 and this has been happening for over a year now.

We have gone to the same DR now everytime, so the DR is aware of the history of this and this is what he has prescribed so far:

1.) A Chest X-ray about 6 months ago which didnt show anything
2.) A antacid that didnt help
3.) Hes been on 3 inhalers which don't seem to be helping much
4.) He is currently on BIAXIN..its a 10 day prescription and doesn't seem to be doing anything
5.) He told us to get a humidifier and put it in our bedroom which we have done.

I'm really getting worried as no one including my boyfriend can tell us what is going on. To summariaze:

Been going on for over a year
Coughs up and spits mucus mostly all day, but doesn't get sick during the day
Always seems like he has a cold, with a stuffy nose and dry productive cough
WORST IN THE MORNING! Almost every morning he wakes up and coughs and feels as if his stomach is full and bloated and the only relief is to throw it up.The only thing we haven't tried and suspect is an allergy to dust. We live in an old house with a HUGE dust problem and very bad ventilation and we have told the DR about that and he didnt seem to think an allergy test was what he needed.

PLEASE ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE A BLESSING AT THIS POINT!!

Thank you, God Bless

Tara

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement