Discussions By Condition: Mental conditions

Social Withdrawal. Why?

Posted In: Mental conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 27, 2008
  • 10:29 PM

I don't know if this is some kind of mental disorder or just who I am, but I avoid social activities, I don't like being around people, I prefer to stay at home most of the time, and I generally don't like other people. I'm also pretty shy. It's not that I feel anxious in social situations; I just don't like being there. I'm not really worried about what other people think. Or if I am, I don't realize it myself. I also sleep a lot. I go to bed at 9 and get up at 6 which should be plenty of sleep for most people, but when I come home from school I usually take a nap. I feel sleepy at lot during school. I get randomly depressed sometimes. I'm on Fluozetine (prozac) 20mg, but I don't know if it helps. Recently I've been feeling a lot better because I was somehow able to change my outlook on life, but I still don't like social activities and it's very hard for me to make friends and become close to people. My life is pretty good right now, but I was just wondering if this means there could be something wrong? What do you think?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement