Discussions By Condition: Back conditions

MRI reveals multi-level degenerative disc disease

Posted In: Back conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: jjoanne
  • March 25, 2008
  • 07:32 PM

Help! I am a female, in my mid 50's. My MRI showed mild cervical and lumbar stenosis, with multi-level degenerative disc disease. There was also multi level mild foriminal encroachment, and disc buldging. THe PCP sent me to a physical therapist for exercises for my lumbar spine. The PT found that I have thoracic joint dysfunction AND sacroiliac joint dysfunction. She saw that I could not do squats, either. Could someone tell me if it is normal for a woman my age to have so much wrong with her spine? Should the PCP try to find out what is causing the thoracic and sacroiliac joint dysfunction, before any mnore physical therapy? (I have had stiffness and pain in my sacral spine since 2001, and it has gotten progressively worse. I also have leg muscle pain and heaviness when I stand or walk, that is ALSO getting progressively worse.) Could I have spinal stenosis in my thoracic region? (It feels like a band of tightness around my chest, and I can not turn over in bed.) Could I have sacral nerve compression?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement