Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Why have my posts received no replies????

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: SyncopalGal
  • March 24, 2008
  • 03:05 PM

Why are my posts getting 0 replies?? I have posted about two separate conditions on this board, one of which was posted in November and not one person has any idea what could be wrong? Here are my two posts again, please if someone has any clue what's going on, I'd like to know! I see tons of replies to other posts with outrageous symptoms! There's got to be someone who knows about mine!!

Post #1

I have been having the same syncopal and near-syncopal episodes for 14 years. I start out by getting dizzy and lightheaded, my muscles (whichever are holding up my weight) spasm, and sometimes I lose consciousness completely and fall. These episodes range from one or two a week to 5 or 6 per day and seem to have no pattern.

At the age of 14 I had a full cardiac workup and nothing was found. I was also tested for Epilepsy and was negative. I went through highschool and college just dealing with the episodes because the doctors had no idea what was going on.

Eventually I joined the military and even in their full exam of me, they found nothing wrong.

Recently I gave birth to my son and realized the danger of possibly having an episode with him in my arms. I went back to the doctors and this time they did an MRI and found two soft tissue masses in my brain. I was referred to an ENT who confirmed it with a CT scan and sent me 5 hours away to a surgeon to discuss removal. We were certain we'd hit the nail on the head.

I arrived at the surgeon only to hear him say the masses were not causing my symptoms and I have an electrical problem in my brain.

In addition to the syncope, I have frequent headaches which may or may not be a symptom of a larger condition.

So here I am, 14 years after the first episode and still no answers! Does this ring a bell to anyone? I am frustrated and tired of being dizzy and losing consciousness!!

Please help!!

Post #2

My jaw constantly pops whenever I open my mouth, no matter how wide. It pops when I open and close and when I shift my jaw from side to side. Recently a new phenomenon started where it pops twice when I open my mouth. It pops everytime I chew also.
My jaw also pops when the jaw is moved manually while the muscles are relaxed (letting my jaw rested in my hand and pushing it from side to side.)
There is very little pain, usually just a dull ache occurring when I've been using my jaw excessively like chewing something hard or chewing gum. My bite seems normal, there's no weird placement of my jaw when my mouth is closed, it just pops audibly and it's uncomfortable!
In addition to this I have a clicking sound in my ears when I swallow that comes and goes.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement