Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Another Molluscum question

Posted In: Skin conditions 11 Replies
  • Posted By: doobio
  • March 24, 2008
  • 05:49 AM

I've read a lot of the 70 page thread but it's just too long.

So my question is has anyone tried this device with any results?

http://shop.rebuildermedical.com/product_p/mol-accel.htm

$219 is a small price to pay to get rid of this.

I'm on my second bout with this ******d. I almost got rid of it when I got reinfected by the last bump. Zymaderm definitely DOES work, but not as effective as I'd like it to be.

Reply Flag this Discussion

11 Replies:

• So on Tuesday I received the $299 system located here:So far it seems to be working. MC spread to my left wrist. I had the rash and 2 immature lesions getting ready to surround my whole wrist. I can say it is a lot better after 2 days of treatment and also the rash on my lower abdomen is also going away. My best piece of advice is NEVER EVER put tape or a bandaid on the Molluscum! It will cause it to spread like wild fire!
    doobio 29 Replies Flag this Response
  • I'm surprised that you had bad results covering it, when so many people seem to be using apple cider / bandage method. When I first got MC and hadn't visited the dr yet I had mine covered with bandaid and a creme I use on acne occasionally to dry out the skin. Absolutely no effect that I could tell. No spreading like wildfire.I know people have run into lots of trouble with shaving and it spreading very badly when they shaved. This makes sense because the razor would theoretically cut off the top of a lesion and prehaps take some of the core with it, and then deposit some of it in nearby pores as they are more open when shaving/wet/moist.Keep posting feedback on this espensive gadget you got to rid yourself of it. Are you partnering it with any other treatment? I ask this to see if you can be sure its actually the machine to attribute to your scucess or possibly other things you are doing.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I'm surprised that you had bad results covering it, when so many people seem to be using apple cider / bandage method. When I first got MC and hadn't visited the dr yet I had mine covered with bandaid and a creme I use on acne occasionally to dry out the skin. Absolutely no effect that I could tell. No spreading like wildfire.I know people have run into lots of trouble with shaving and it spreading very badly when they shaved. This makes sense because the razor would theoretically cut off the top of a lesion and prehaps take some of the core with it, and then deposit some of it in nearby pores as they are more open when shaving/wet/moist.Keep posting feedback on this espensive gadget you got to rid yourself of it. Are you partnering it with any other treatment? I ask this to see if you can be sure its actually the machine to attribute to your scucess or possibly other things you are doing.It could've been the acne cream the might've stopped it from spreading but yeah everytime i put a water tight bandaid or medical tape on the MC it spread all through the bandaid.The $299 kit comes with the "accelerator" and a bunch of other stuff like shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, hand soap, mouthwash, silver cure ointment, and silver skin liquid bandage.I have not tried the liquid bandage as of yet. Either way I have definitely noticed a difference from using this treatment. As of yet the MC isn't gone but this is definitely working a lot better than Zymaderm.
  • That is really discouraging to read that tape or bandaids don't work.. I have been using that along with rubbing alcohol and Aldara for a week now.. I feel like if I don't use the tape that it will spread more.
    depressedgirl 6 Replies Flag this Response
  • That is really discouraging to read that tape or bandaids don't work.. I have been using that along with rubbing alcohol and Aldara for a week now.. I feel like if I don't use the tape that it will spread more.Yeah I just put medical tape right on top of my lesions and they spread big time. I would advise against it. Feel free to hit me up on AIM if you wanna talk about it. dannyg408
  • As of right now I am extremely satisfied with spending the $300 on the complete kit from molluscum.com definitely making a difference. And I might be completely over molluscum in less than a month from now.
  • I'M SPREADING THE WORD!ALOE VERA GEL!!!I have had molluscum since early September or late August. I may not have it anymore. I first used a product called Molluscuderm (about $60 a bottle, of which I needed two), which does not seem to be sold anymore (I don't know what happend to their company's website, Virabiotics). The product did work, it seems, and my molluscum went away either early or mid-December. About two weeks ago in April, I noticed a few small bumps on my lower stomach area, near my genitals. I cannot be sure if this was molluscum returning or not, but if I had to guess, it was. I researched a bit further and came across a post on Amazon about using Aloe Vera gel (the company is Lily of the Desert). Apparently, it rid someone's or their child's molluscum in two weeks. The next day, I went to Whole Foods and picked this product up. It is a fairly huge bottle for under $7. I shook the bottle, scooped up about a teaspoon of the stuff and rubbed it into every little papule. Did it twice a day for two weeks. Now they are all gone. This method may not work for everyone, but it seems to have worked for me. And it is extremely cheap, comfortable and the product is completely natural and does leave a smell. There is a juice version and a gel version; get the gel version. Lily of the Desert's aloe vera gel is organic and pure aloe vera, so I think it would not be quite the same if you applied an aloe vera moisturizer, cream or the like. Aloe vera is also known to be anti-viral, so it makes sense that it may work. Before you try anything, try this!LILY OF THE DESERT ALOE VERA GEL
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I'M SPREADING THE WORD! ALOE VERA GEL!!! I have had molluscum since early September or late August. I may not have it anymore. I first used a product called Molluscuderm (about $60 a bottle, of which I needed two), which does not seem to be sold anymore (I don't know what happend to their company's website, Virabiotics). The product did work, it seems, and my molluscum went away either early or mid-December. About two weeks ago in April, I noticed a few small bumps on my lower stomach area, near my genitals. I cannot be sure if this was molluscum returning or not, but if I had to guess, it was. I researched a bit further and came across a post on Amazon about using Aloe Vera gel (the company is Lily of the Desert). Apparently, it rid someone's or their child's molluscum in two weeks. The next day, I went to Whole Foods and picked this product up. It is a fairly huge bottle for under $7. I shook the bottle, scooped up about a teaspoon of the stuff and rubbed it into every little papule. Did it twice a day for two weeks. Now they are all gone. This method may not work for everyone, but it seems to have worked for me. And it is extremely cheap, comfortable and the product is completely natural and does leave a smell. There is a juice version and a gel version; get the gel version. Lily of the Desert's aloe vera gel is organic and pure aloe vera, so I think it would not be quite the same if you applied an aloe vera moisturizer, cream or the like. Aloe vera is also known to be anti-viral, so it makes sense that it may work. Before you try anything, try this! LILY OF THE DESERT ALOE VERA GEL Are you freaking kidding me? I bought an aloe vera plant and tried it. It doesn't work. I spent the $300 on the Silver Cure pack and that is definitely what worked for me. I had molluscum spread on my wrist. Within a week of using the electrical device + the ointment + protection pack my molluscum was gone.
  • Doobio is obviously a plant for silvercure, he's promoting it in virtually every post. Try not to be so obvious next time, though I realize it's probably your job to spam this site. Why isn't your precious system doing as well as Zymaderm in the amazon customer reviews?
    anon39 14 Replies Flag this Response
  • Doobio is obviously a plant for silvercure, he's promoting it in virtually every post. Try not to be so obvious next time, though I realize it's probably your job to spam this site. Why isn't your precious system doing as well as Zymaderm in the amazon customer reviews?Hey ***k off I actually had molluscum contagiosum and tried both Silver Cure and Zymaderm. I am not a plant for anybody. I'm a real person. Zymaderm works but does not stop molluscum from spreading!! I bought 2 bottles of it (because of the reviews on Amazon) and couldn't get rid of it. Silver cure with the electrical device actually works. I dont even work for the company that makes it I am a satisfied customer that is cured now. Thank you very much.
  • Something else I should've posted is that I also ordered the protection kit. It comes with Shampoo, Conditioner, Bodywash, Handsoap, Skin Spray/Laundry addition, and Mouthwash. This also significantly reduced the spread of MC.
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement