Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Addicted in Costa Rica - help!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Green Iguana
  • March 23, 2008
  • 08:43 PM

I hope that someone who knows more than I do about codeine addiction will help me, as I do need it. I live in Costa Rica, and I've been addicted to 30mg codeine/500mg acetaminophen for 8 years now, ever since an auto accident broke the three center metatarsals in my right foot. It only seems to get worse over time, but I can't and don't want to take codeine anymore. I'd rather just take ibuprofen for the pain, but I've tried to stop taking codeine (legally available without prescription here) several times through my own willpower, without success. Subutex isn't available here, generic or name brand; I've looked hard, and I don't trust the rehab centers here in Costa Rica, as they dance around the issue and invariably say no when I ask them directly if it is available.
I'll try about anything, but it's not really possible for me to go for stateside treatment as my family and business are here, and I doubt I could afford it as I don't have insurance in the USA.
Thank you

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement