Thyroid test result

Posted In: Thyroid conditions 9 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 17, 2008
  • 01:59 PM

I have my thyroid test result TSH and T4 showing no problem:
TSH- 1.16 with reference range 0.30-5.10 UIU/ML
T4- 16.9 with reference range 11.5-22.7 PMOL/L

If there is no problem with thyroid, is that mean there also no problem with lymph node or lymphatic system? how is thyroid and lymphatic related?

Thank you.

Reply Flag this Discussion

9 Replies:

• So, I am in the same boat as you are...I have been tested THREE times for TSH, T3, and T4 levels, believing that thr thyroid was the problem, but all levels came back text book perfect. I have been dealing with these symptoms for years, including enlarged lymph nodes in the neck. (have had one removed for biopsy 13 years ago, and currently have two present). Well, my neurologist, God bless him, decided to do an ultrasound of my thyroid, and I have two nodules on the right lobe of my thyroid. One is 1cm diameter, and the other is 5mm diameter. I just don't know why any other doc of mine in the past 13 yrs has thought of this knowing full-well Thyroid disease, specifically, Hashimoto's, runs in my family. There is a possibility of having Hashimoto's without positive results in your blood work. The link with the lymph nodes, and this is what scares me, is that if you do have thyroid cancer, from what I have read, it could have metastasized and traveled into the lymphatic system, causeing you to have thyroid cancer of the lymph nodes. The symptoms are fullness in the neck, enlarged lymph nodes, hoarseness, chronic cough, and difficulty swallowing. Hope this helps in some way, and you are not alone! For years my doc told me it was stress, all in my head, and I have even be called a hypochondriac.
    grabski17 6 Replies Flag this Response
  • Thanks for your reply. My blood result lately showed the FT3, FT4, TSH in normal range and anti TG negative while anti TPO positive. My GP doctor then sent me for the endocrine test where they scan my neck. And the result is nothing needs to be worried. Others various checkup have showed mainly no problem except the gastroskopy test. My GP doctor even come to a conclusion that I’m caused by depression and ask me to go to psychiatrist. And she recommend me a psychiatrist who is her sister!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Your lymphatic system has nothing to do with your thyroid. A positive anti TPO can give you symptoms of thyroid problems even if your TSH, T4 is normal. A positive anti-TPO means that your gland is being attacked by your own immune system. (hashimotos) Read more about anti TPO here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1475665?dopt=Abstract Kiera
  • Thank you Kiera. The endocrine doctor see my blood result about FT3, FT4, TSH, anti TG and anti TPO, and after the scan on neck, she said no need to worry and only advise me to do the same check up every year for monitoring. Do you think its enough? In the link you sent, it mentions about elevated anti-TPO levels. my blood result only show that its positive but nothing about the level. is it some more specific test to do for its level?
  • Hi, If you are without symptoms then a follow up yearly should be good. As for the antibody tests they usually come back with a number. My lab as 50 as a lower limit and anything over that is positive. You can have lots of symptoms of hypo or hyperthyroidism without TSH, T4 or T3 being out of range. But as long as you are symptom free then you should be ok. Wikipedia is a good place to read up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothyroidismhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperthyroidism Kiera
  • Thanks Kiera!I read the link you sent, I have some symptoms stated there. I went to the doctor, but after she see the neck scan result which is no problem, she came to an end about the thyroid concern and said my problem is depression and refuse to send me for further detail examination :confused: :mad:base on my symptoms I also suspect in lymphatic that's why initially i mentioned lymphatic.Have a nice day.
  • Hello everyone,my problem is opposite of yours,means no symptoms for hyperthyroidisim but t3,t4 limits are wayout of limits.antibodies test is under process.Any suggestions ,why limits are out and should check any other deficiency in my body like iron should be checked or some thing like this......
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 26, 2008
    • 05:08 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Thanks for your reply. My blood result lately showed the FT3, FT4, TSH in normal range and anti TG negative while anti TPO positive. My GP doctor then sent me for the endocrine test where they scan my neck. And the result is nothing needs to be worried. Others various checkup have showed mainly no problem except the gastroskopy test. My GP doctor even come to a conclusion that I’m caused by depression and ask me to go to psychiatrist. And she recommend me a psychiatrist who is her sister!A positive TPO can also mean another auto immune system problem not necessarily thyroid related. Many auto immune system problems have very similar symptoms.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 21, 2010
    • 05:20 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Help! I have so many symptoms! I even have trouble swallowing and a nurse said that my thyriod was enlarged. So I went get blood tests but they came back normal. And I went to see the doctorbut he was a different one and (free clinic) he said you don't have a thyriod problem. Take prilosec and see if it helps! What do I do?:confused:
    Cinnajava 5 Replies
    • October 22, 2010
    • 02:47 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement