Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Getting frustrated and feeling worse every day...

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: h0ser81
  • March 14, 2008
  • 08:49 AM

Alright without getting to overly long here I've been having chronic neck pain for several months now. I saw a chiropractor and the pain subsided for a few months so I stopped going. Then the other night I was laying down in bed for a nap before work when I experienced what most people call sleep paralysis. Now I've had sleep paralysis episodes before and know exactly what's going on so they don't really bother me. But this time was different. During the episode I had this tingly pressured feeling in my chest and arms and I couldn't catch my breath. I remember trying to call out to my wife in the next room but obviously I was paralyzed so no words came out. Then I remember trying to kick my feet around on the bed to make noise which I don't think my body responded to either. Finally I had come out of it enough to get myself awake and sat up. I called for my wife to come over and she asked me what was wrong. I explained what had happened and now that I'm awake I had sever pain in my hands, arms and neck. I figured it was just my neck acting up again, although the sleep paralysis shook me up a bit. So I went to work. About 3 hours into my shift I couldn't take the pain anymore and left work and headed to the ER. There the doc said I probably just strained my neck or I might have a herniated disc. Now the herniated disc does explain the neck pain and tingly hand and arms but doesn't explain the weird sleep paralysis. Also as of the past 2 weeks my ear canals have been itching me like crazy and it feels like I've got something caught in my throat that I can't hack up no matter what I do. I'm scheduled to go for an MRI on Monday but I'm just wondering if anyone else has had anything like this? I'm tired of my wife saying "Oh it's no big deal you're fine." when I know something is definitely not right here. I have rarely been sick throughout my life and in the past year I've had nothing but problem after problem.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement