Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

tired of going to hosiptal for constipation need help

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: need some help
  • March 9, 2008
  • 09:39 AM

(bare with me and excuse any spelling errors that may occur)
ok for starters im 16 year old male and my weight is 98 pounds. iv been constipated for 7 years that i can remember...anyhow iv gone to the hospital 5 times in this period for constipation in which they just gave me an anema which were big by the way 1 leiter or something like that. I dont know why this is occuring all i need to know is that it has to stop. I would get sevre pain and end up going to the ER. i dont know i need opinions, suggestions, or something of the matter. At the moment i take 2 fiber pills a day and if anyone has heard of it its called Polyethylene Glycol3350- its a powder i put into water and drink it 2 times a day o and a laxative liquid i drink. I just dont want to take anema's the rest of my life. Iv taken these meds and still i get it and have to go to the ER. Obvisouly maybe there is more here then meets the eye.o and usally i have a bowel movment once every 4 days and its usally rough and hard.

need some help.:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• (bare with me and excuse any spelling errors that may occur)ok for starters im 16 year old male and my weight is 98 pounds. iv been constipated for 7 years that i can remember...anyhow iv gone to the hospital 5 times in this period for constipation in which they just gave me an anema which were big by the way 1 leiter or something like that. I dont know why this is occuring all i need to know is that it has to stop. I would get sevre pain and end up going to the ER. i dont know i need opinions, suggestions, or something of the matter. At the moment i take 2 fiber pills a day and if anyone has heard of it its called Polyethylene Glycol3350- its a powder i put into water and drink it 2 times a day o and a laxative liquid i drink. I just dont want to take anema's the rest of my life. Iv taken these meds and still i get it and have to go to the ER. Obvisouly maybe there is more here then meets the eye.o and usally i have a bowel movment once every 4 days and its usally rough and hard. need some help.:confused:Polyethylene Glycol3350 is the generic version of Miralax. It is now available without a prescription. It is an osmotic laxative that works by pulling water into the intestine and softening the stool, thereby easing its passage.If what you're taking isn't working for you, ask the doctor about trying Amitiza. It is a very effective tool against constipation for some. It seems to cause some unpleasant side effects in other people however. Also would recommend trying magnesium supplements, which are available in the vitamin section of most stores. These worked well for me when all else failed.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • ook thanks if there are any other opinoins on my issue ill gladly take them
    need some help 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • I was bloated, chronically constipated, have bad breath and just felt awful on a daily basis. I've been seen by numerous doctors to try to figure out what is going on with my body. Name the test and I've probably have had it. I was tested for an allergy to wheat and that too came back negative. However, I noticed that when I eliminated wheat and gluten from my diet I was not bloated and just felt better overall. I even noticed that it was easier for me to pass my bowels. I also take Dr. Schulze's Intestinal Formula #1 (12 tablets daily - you may not need as much). This is the only formula that I have taken which actually produced a bowel movement. It may take you a while to notice any improvement after removing the wheat and gluten. Give it some time (I would say at least six (6) weeks) to see if removing those things from your diet helps.
    buttonfly 1 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement