Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

My Girlfriend has a vaginal problem and I dont know what it is

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 7 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 8, 2008
  • 00:59 PM

Okay, heres yhe problem. Last year out of no where my Girlfriend started getting these really heavy periods. Another thing that started happening is that it started getting to where during sex it was becoming really easy for me to hurt her if i wasnt real gentle with her. then later on a new symptom started occuring and is still occuring to this day. instead of her vagina smelling and tasting sweet, it has begun to smell and taste kind of sour. sorry i dont really know how to describe the taste/odor. but it is unpleasant and i cant lick down there because of it. also there is another symptom that scares me even more then the previous... theres a thick white discharge that happens during intercourse. its never runny or clear, always thick, white and even kind of sticky/slimy. within a short period of time it becomes similar to cottage cheese. I cant tell if this is an infection or some kind of disease. the odor is always present.. but the discharge is only noticable when we have sex(as far as i know), if the discharge is there any other time she has not told me. she hasnt really talked to me about it much, its a very embarrasing subject to discuss. what ever this is it seems to have had no affect on me. I show no symptoms or signs of it having any affect on me, but im very worried about my and her health.. more her health than mine. I want her to get checked out but she is afraid and unwilling to do so. this problem has ruined our sex in a major way and most importantly im worried about her health.. someone please tell me you know what this is and what must be done about it. I`m desperate for answers!!!!

Reply Flag this Discussion

7 Replies:

• I don't really know much about this, but have you done any research on the symptoms associated with STDs? I seem to recall that a "red flag" is a discharge that looks/smells different than usual. Good luck.
    eng_girl 3 Replies Flag this Response
  • I think its possible she has clamidia or pelvic inflamotory disease, both are eaisly treatable, if it is clamidia and she doesnt get treated it can leave her unable to have children.Pelvic imflaotry disease can also leave her sterilie. It could also be thrush, but that wouldn't explain the pain durring intercourse.Tell her your worried and tell her you will go to the doctor with her
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Okay, heres yhe problem. Last year out of no where my Girlfriend started getting these really heavy periods. Another thing that started happening is that it started getting to where during sex it was becoming really easy for me to hurt her if i wasnt real gentle with her. then later on a new symptom started occuring and is still occuring to this day. instead of her vagina smelling and tasting sweet, it has begun to smell and taste kind of sour. sorry i dont really know how to describe the taste/odor. but it is unpleasant and i cant lick down there because of it. also there is another symptom that scares me even more then the previous... theres a thick white discharge that happens during intercourse. its never runny or clear, always thick, white and even kind of sticky/slimy. within a short period of time it becomes similar to cottage cheese. I cant tell if this is an infection or some kind of disease. the odor is always present.. but the discharge is only noticable when we have sex(as far as i know), if the discharge is there any other time she has not told me. she hasnt really talked to me about it much, its a very embarrasing subject to discuss. what ever this is it seems to have had no affect on me. I show no symptoms or signs of it having any affect on me, but im very worried about my and her health.. more her health than mine. I want her to get checked out but she is afraid and unwilling to do so. this problem has ruined our sex in a major way and most importantly im worried about her health.. someone please tell me you know what this is and what must be done about it. I`m desperate for answers!!!! It could be thrush which, u can buy over the counter treatment for it. But really best getting it checked out. If ur girlfriend wont go to the docs. YOU should go & get checked out for std's, some std's u could have and not have any symptoms. As u are together, if she has something, u will have it too. Its best to get checked out as std's can cause infertility. Some people can be carriers without knowing ! Better safe than sorry ! Good luck :)
    Tootsie 628 Replies Flag this Response
  • Sounds like a yeast infection to me. She really needs to see her doctor. If she's embarrassed, have her see the nurse practitioner at her obgyn's office.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • She's a little crazy not to go to a STD clinic, her doctor or Planned Parenthood. She has an STD, most likely, so you do too. I think it's harder to determine them with a man, but you need to take care of yourself. You can go to a free county clinic if you don't have insurance. It does sound like chlamydia, which will result in life long damage, but that is her choice, not yours...could be trichinosis, since it smells. Go get your std screening; men often don't have any symptoms at all and it just stays in your prostate, re-occuring as something more serious when you are 60-70. And, if you are determined to have something and she refuses treatment, refuse sex until she gets this taken care of..I would anyway until she sees a doctor.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
  • Yes, yeast infection, STD or bacterial infection. Yeast would explain the "cottage cheese" and taste/smell, while an STD or bacterial infection would explain the taste/smell. Explain to her that even female doctors have to be examined, too - even if it's not serious, it could turn into something worse.I'm not sure where you live, but in Canada, you can buy the Vagisil vaginal screening kit over-the-counter to detect infections - it might be worth looking into.
    sweeticeblue 352 Replies Flag this Response
  • Is a tampon stuck up there and forgotten?
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement