Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

desperate for answers

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: PrettiestWreck
  • March 7, 2008
  • 05:32 PM

i am a 24 yr old female. in september i began to suffer from severe left abdominal pain. i lost 10 lbs in a week. i had several ct scans, blood work, a colonoscopy and an mri. all they showed was that my kidney & my bowel were swollen, but they could not pin point the cause of the swelling or of my pain.

about two months ago i began to feel as though i was getting the flu. ive had no fever, but i am very achy & terribly weak. i cannot tollerate the cold. i still have intermitten pain in my left abdomin. id wake up in the middle of the night with swollen hands & feet & my body full of painful aches.

currently, the aches & weakness are so severe that i am unable to function normally. i am unable to walk very far. my legs begin to shake & feel as though they cannot support my weight. i have fallen several times. by the evening my neck & sholders begin to ache so badly i cannot hold my head up. im having trouble concentrating & also with remembering some things. i am much more irritable & depressed.

they have done many blood tests & cultures recently, but all have come back normal. i feel that my doctors do not take me seriously, meanwhile my symptoms keep worsening.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement