Discussions By Condition: Spinal conditions

My Mri,please read

Posted In: Spinal conditions 6 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 4, 2008
  • 07:11 PM

Whats all this mean and whats the future hold?Desiccation of disk at L5-S1. Syrinz at level T11-T12. Indication of nerve root dilation at several levels of lumbar spine.Bilateral foraminal masses at every levelof lumbar spine Large lesion on right at L2-L3.
Soft tissue masses in pelvis.
Why wont a doctor treat this stuff?I have no clue as if its cancer or just where these masses are from or what they are.Can't go to doc anymore had to drop insurance.

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• Hello spyrogirlkim what country are you from. Desiccation of disk at L5-S1 means the disk has dried out some and lost height L5-S1 is you bottom disk. A Syrinz is a kind of cyst i will not try to understand and explain the rest of your MRI you must see a doctor as soon as you can.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I am fron Kansas,And since I have Mri results thatmeans I have been going to doctors.I quit going because they find stuff like the syrinx and tumors and will just let me go.I am in so much pain I don't know if I can go on sometimes.I just want a doctor to help me out.Fix me but they refuse to touch me till I am 100% in a wheel chair.Excat words from a doctor there. ITS not right. I read on the net about ppl having back surgrey and fixing most of there pain but they will do nothing for me.
  • What you say is hard to believe, but then again i also have some pretty bad stories about doctors so i suppose i must believe you. I am sorry i did not mean to imply that you were being irresponsible it must be terrible not being able to get proper medical treatment. can i ask how old you are i sympathize with you i also know what it is like to be abandoned by doctors even though my situation is not as serious as yours. Are there other doctors you can go to.
  • Spurogirlkim - you need to see a neurosurgeon as soon as possible. Some doctors believe the risk of surgery is greater than living with the pain you have now. Has the syrinz grown and did they do an MRI with contrast to determine if you have a tumor inside the cyst? Sometimes the tumor will be the cause of the cyst. The tumor can be benign or cancerous. What did the radiologist report on your MRI? He should have stated what he believed was anomolies on your MRI. Get help soon.
    vagator81 12 Replies Flag this Response
  • Have you tried acupuncture? It works! At the very least it will help with your pain and help promote healing. How much water do you drink daily? Do you drink a lot of caffeine? I am asking this because "dessication" is dryness and dehydration is a major cause of pain. I am not saying it is THE cause, but if you aren't drinking at least 8-10 cups of water a day it may be making your symptoms worse. Allopathic medicine is atrocious IMO when it comes to dealing with back pain. Surgery helps MAYBE 40% of people and often causes MORE problems post surgery...it should always be a last resort! Please try acupuncture. Visit www.acufinder.com to find a practitioner near you. Ask if they offer a sliding scale fee - many do. Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies Flag this Response
  • I am 38 and all I drink id water.I know I drink way more than the 6-8 cups.I prob drink at least 2 gallons a day.
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement