Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

HELP! I had a skin fungus; was using a medicine "Scabisan"

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 8 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 29, 2008
  • 03:15 PM

I want to know:

What this skin fungus was.
If it was a skin fungus.
What it is called.
How did I get it. (theory: I petted a stray cat and after that saw him jump out of an apartment trash can, didn't think about it until I got the skin rash)
And I want to know what the Scabisan is used for.

I don't have the rash anymore. The medicine took care of that, but I didn't get much information because my mother-in-law gave my husband and me the medicine she had gotten from Mexico.

Help and advice is welcomed.

Reply Flag this Discussion

8 Replies:

• I want to know: What this skin fungus was.If it was a skin fungus.What it is called.How did I get it. (theory: I petted a stray cat and after that saw him jump out of an apartment trash can, didn't think about it until I got the skin rash)And I want to know what the Scabisan is used for. I don't have the rash anymore. The medicine took care of that, but I didn't get much information because my mother-in-law gave my husband and me the medicine she had gotten from Mexico. Help and advice is welcomed. please give us more info to fall back on. im a fun guy (no pun intended) and i would most likely tell you what type of skin rash/fungus it was in a heart beat, but i need details. was it itchy rough.... where was it did it go away quickly? how long did it stay what did your doctor say. no a cat could not cause this the fatal disease blaze speaks of.. well EVERY cat on the planet has it. its like cancer and needs a tigger for it to actually become a threat to the animal. also there has never been a case of cats transmiting this disease to humans. theres many ways you could have aquired a fungus, public showers. damp basement, damp places, name anywhere you have been thats damp. mold is a type of fungus and if you have had any mold grow on bread or other wheat products you MUST mention it. because some types of mold are deadly and this is how they become deadly: the mold grows, and starts releasing tiny little spores into the air. they find a damp place through a tiny hole in the wall or a damp corner then they grow there and repeat. you could take care of these fungus and still be at risk of them having an effect on you, because you will breath in the spores in the air. it is very important that you give us A LOT more to work with. thank you for reading and hope you update soon
    LymeTime 65 Replies Flag this Response
  • Well, first it started on my right hand on the top and the bottom of my thumb. or on the knuckle of my thumb i guess it was. It was just little tiny bumps, not red or discolored just a bump. Then when i scratched at it; it began to itch and would not stop. It was so bad i made a scar then I started to have the bumps on the inside of my knee, inside my thighs, on my stomach, on my toes and the top of my feet. It had to go on because I could not get the medicine yet. So, I actually lived like that for about a month. It was horrible. My husband had the same problem. We washed our sheets constantly and our cloths right after we had worn them. We stopped using a loofah to scrub our bodies and started using small bar soaps and kept them apart. At first we thought it was because we had moved into a new apartment but the thing was, my husbands brother (we shared an apartment because he couldn't take living with his parents two bedroom two bath) did not get anything. Though we hung out in his room a lot because he was the only one with a TV at the time. Then we found out that my husbands other brother the one not living with us got the same thing, and had started the way I had started. It was confusing, annoying, but its gone! Thank god.All it was, was just little itchy bumps. Some let out a little liquid, clear like all bubbles on skins do. Or, like when you burn yourself and a bubble forms and if popped liquid comes out though they weren't bubbles. maybe they were. they were just so tiny... and annoying...We have not gotten it back since then.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • please give us more info to fall back on. im a fun guy (no pun intended) and i would most likely tell you what type of skin rash/fungus it was in a heart beat, but i need details. was it itchy rough.... where was it did it go away quickly? how long did it stay what did your doctor say. no a cat could not cause this the fatal disease blaze speaks of.. well EVERY cat on the planet has it. its like cancer and needs a tigger for it to actually become a threat to the animal. also there has never been a case of cats transmiting this disease to humans. theres many ways you could have aquired a fungus, public showers. damp basement, damp places, name anywhere you have been thats damp. mold is a type of fungus and if you have had any mold grow on bread or other wheat products you MUST mention it. because some types of mold are deadly and this is how they become deadly: the mold grows, and starts releasing tiny little spores into the air. they find a damp place through a tiny hole in the wall or a damp corner then they grow there and repeat. you could take care of these fungus and still be at risk of them having an effect on you, because you will breath in the spores in the air. it is very important that you give us A LOT more to work with. thank you for reading and hope you update soonoh yeah, we have been experimenting with moldCOMPLETELY BY ACCIDENT!!! I MIGHT ADD! my husband NEVER picks up after himself, and his mother has babied him and his brothers. (she is the only girl of 5 boys even growing up with her 5 brothers) So, she takes care of them... I'm more of the "Hey, im working too... u clean up!" But no he doesnt. and so i get stubborn and food sits on the table and in the sink. pasta is white bubble like mold, old vienna can foods is black mold... yeah... we left that in a tupper wear and it grew. we threw it out. we have had bread mold. of course and there are so many other things. now that i think of it i feel so embarrassed... about that. I should not know that much about mold. and our bathroom doesn't have a vent so it is usually damp in our room even when the door is closed.
  • Ringworm is a fungus that is transmitted by cats. It is not really a worm. The rest of the conditons mentioned here on the form thread you posted are not fungal infections. Try here:http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001439.htm
    aquila 1,263 Replies Flag this Response
  • Ringworm is a fungus that is transmitted by cats. It is not really a worm. The rest of the conditons mentioned here on the form thread you posted are not fungal infections. Try here:http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001439.htmwell, i know it wasn't ring worm... my bumps didnt look like that!it was just a couple spaced out bumps. no rings.but thanks for your help. i am still checking for more updates to my questions.
  • Scabisan is to treat little parasites that live under the skin and will itch specially at night. They start as red dots on the skin and then you will see the tunnels that they dig. Scabisan is great for this disease, but you need to make sure you wash all the clothes and bed linens with hot water, if you can blow dry them in the drier it will be better. Also, desinfect the toilet seat for a few days until the patient is fully cured. I had this problem on my under arm and it took care of it in a few days. Hope this info helps.
  • I want to know:What this skin fungus was.If it was a skin fungus.What it is called.How did I get it. (theory: I petted a stray cat and after that saw him jump out of an apartment trash can, didn't think about it until I got the skin rash)And I want to know what the Scabisan is used for.I don't have the rash anymore. The medicine took care of that, but I didn't get much information because my mother-in-law gave my husband and me the medicine she had gotten from Mexico.Help and advice is welcomed.Hi,I live in Mexico like the English word "SCABIES" Scabisan is really close it is to treat the sickness. It is a mite that makes little tunnel in the skin to lay its eggs. It is not transmitted from animal and neither can we transmit it to them. It only lives on human. It can be frequently transmit by hand shake due to the fact that people that has it or rubbing them self and has it in their hand, with any physical contact BUT it is not a sexual transmitted disease but can be transmitted that way too.Hope that it help you a little!! Good evening!! Carolina
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 15, 2010
    • 03:59 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi,I live in Mexico like the English word "SCABIES" Scabisan is really close it is to treat the sickness. It is a mite that makes little tunnel in the skin to lay its eggs. It is not transmitted from animal and neither can we transmit it to them. It only lives on human. It can be frequently transmit by hand shake due to the fact that people that has it or rubbing them self and has it in their hand, with any physical contact BUT it is not a sexual transmitted disease but can be transmitted that way too.Hope that it help you a little!! Good evening!! CarolinaI'm living in Amman, Jordan. I was reading up on sheep (they have a lot!) and it states that you can get scabies from sheep!
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement