Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

My joints are getting worse Please Help

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Feelthy
  • February 19, 2008
  • 07:45 AM

I am a twenty year old white male, and I've had the same problem since for a lot of my life, but the pains didn't happen often until a few years ago. I know that I have some kind of joint and bone disease. I actually have symptoms of osteoporosis, but I'm supposed to be way too young for that. I have almost every symptom of hyperthyroidism but tested negative for it twice.
The symptoms I have include include thin nails and a light bone density. Sluggishness, insomnia, allergies, frequent urination, excessive thirst, weight loss or in my case weighing the same for the last four years (often accompanied by a ravenous appetite), anxiety, intolerance to heat (for me it's an intolerence to chill, my hands and feet get painfully cold in seconds and take a long time to warm up during the winter,) fatigue, weakness, hyperactivity, irritability, apathy, depression, diarrhea, and palpitations (I get a lot of palpitations in the back of my head, but plenty in my chest, sometimes so violent that my head will literately ***k when I lie down. Making it impossible to fall asleep.)
Neurological symptoms are tremor, chorea, and myopathy. Also with the myopathy in mind, it's difficult for me to sustain muscle growth. I'm pretty strong I guess, but not like I should especially with the light bone density leaving me to often feel imasculated. I used to work out all the time for two years or so and I never got the full results I should have. My muscles never became solid and never have been my whole life where as my friends doing the same routine did attain the right results.
Other symptoms I have that are not the same as hyperthyroidism are one my bones randomly hurt on their own with no explaination. Sometimes a single finger, sometimes my forearm, usually the upper body. To make it clearer how they hurt, I usually compare it to the day after you've accidently bashed your shin into something. The way the entire bone seems to be sore, but this is random without putting any stress on them. My joints are getting worse everyday too. I can't even do push ups anymore because it hursts my wrist so badly. I haven't injured them in the past either. I tried the excersise where you support your body in the air by your forearms and bend your legs up to work you abs for the first time in a couple of years for sure and everytime I fully raised my legs the joints in my hips would pop. I only did it a few times before it worried me, but I know it's just as bad today. Also when I do manage a push up, more than half the time a nerve or something rolls over my elbow, right by the funny bone. My jaw is ****ed up on one side, it too will pop if I don't eat a certain way and that one started last year. I don't heal as fast as any of my friends either. My bruises and scabs seem to last for ever, and when I got punched in the ribs once, the pain didn't go away for nearly a month. I was also diagnosed with GERD last year, and I can't help but think that the reflux is related to the tremors and neurological symptoms.
Hyperthyroidism made sense to me too, you know what I mean? It just fit, like my body isn't getting the correct nutrition and vitamin deposits it should be because my body metabolizes too fast. Too be honest I still feel like that's what's wrong some how. My ex told me too get tested for lupas because her friend who is positive for it has similar symptoms. My doctor said I don't have inflammation, so it can't be. I don't know what's wrong with me or how to fix it, but my joints are getting worse and I'm sick of the tremors and feeling like a ****y. All I want is to be healthy. Please give me as much info as you can. Thanks guys.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement