Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Desperate For An Answer!

Posted In: Medical Stories 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Deborah Ann
  • February 15, 2008
  • 00:34 AM

I have been suffering with lower back pain that radiates into lower abdominal area.The pain wakes me up everynight.As soon as I get up from bed the pain subsides.Pain starts in lower back as a throbbing crampy feeling and goes into lower abdominal area. It feels like a band around my lower body. I have been to my Primary, no answer there, I then went to the Orthopedic-MRI showed Degenerative changes and suggested Physical therapy. I then went to a Rheumatologist-she did blood work. All that showed was the RA was slightly high, hep and lupus were neg. she felt that the RA was not a definite indication of RA. I then went to the Chiropractor, but felt worse after his treatments. This past Dec I went to the Neurologist. He sent me for an MRI of the thorasic and lumbar. The thorasic was ok but the lumbar showed a small bulge between L4-L5. He felt that the bulge was small and couldnot be the cause of the type of pain I was feeling.I now tried a different approach. I went to see my Gynocologist. I explained the pain I am having and concerns as to ovarian or uterine cancer. He did a transvaginal sono, everything looked good-no masses, no fluid in uterus. Pap was normal-no HPV detected. I am at my wits end with this pain,with no explainations in sight.This pain is not imaginary.It wakes me up from a sound sleep and no matter what position I try, I cannot go back to sleep. Its effecting my waking hours and making me depressed that I may have to live with this pain for the rest of my life. I tried prescription pain relief but they dont work. All I take now is Advils. I am now thinking of trying Pain Management as a last resort. If anyone suffers with this or has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement