Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

Can you help? 17 female

Posted In: Sexual conditions 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 10, 2008
  • 05:19 PM

Recently I'm having a lot of problems. I've had my period for 4 years now and it still isn't regular. The pain is unbearable and last 3-4 days just before and during my period. I am having to take 2 painkillers 3-4 times daily just to get through the day and even then it is still painful. Without the painkillers I feel extremely dizzy, get a fever and have passed out twice from the pain. My period sometimes lasts a week and half, then it will go and come back 2 days later for a further 3 days. Other times it will skip a month or be a couple of weeks late.

Now though I have a burning sensation when I pee. Looking at the symptoms I decided it could be Cystitus. I bought some cystitus relief packets that you mix into your drink and have had 3 daily since Friday. I have also upped my water intake as I think I got it from not drinking enough. I am going to the toilet every half an hour and feel like screaming with how painful it is just to do a wee! Then yesterday I noticed there was blood on the tissue. I am sure this wasn't from my vagina as there was nothing in my knickers, it had only come out while weeing and now it bleeds every time, often with little clumps of blood that are almost black.

Also I don't know if this at all relevant but I am developing severe stomach cramps with a lot of what I eat. I have noticed it is mostly with carbohydrates or dairy products. I also feel extremely sick and faint whenever I feel peckish. I can be fine one moment and then as soon as I start feeling a bit hungry I start feeling sick. I eat regularly, but often skip breakfast and sometimes miss dinner. As if this wasn't enough I had a dreadful cold that lasted 3 weeks in January with blocked sinuses, sore throat, fatigue, breathing problems at night etc, which finally seems to have subsided. My body just seems to be failing me!

Medication wise I have only been taking nurofen, ibuprofen or paracetomol so I don't think it's anything to do with that. I was on fluxotine but stopped last year.

If anyone has any clue at all I'd be very grateful to hear it.

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• only a guess but have you heard of endometriosis? its probably not but mention when you go to the docs. xx
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 11, 2008
    • 07:58 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Recently I'm having a lot of problems. I've had my period for 4 years now and it still isn't regular. The pain is unbearable and last 3-4 days just before and during my period. I am having to take 2 painkillers 3-4 times daily just to get through the day and even then it is still painful. Without the painkillers I feel extremely dizzy, get a fever and have passed out twice from the pain. My period sometimes lasts a week and half, then it will go and come back 2 days later for a further 3 days. Other times it will skip a month or be a couple of weeks late. Now though I have a burning sensation when I pee. Looking at the symptoms I decided it could be Cystitus. I bought some cystitus relief packets that you mix into your drink and have had 3 daily since Friday. I have also upped my water intake as I think I got it from not drinking enough. I am going to the toilet every half an hour and feel like screaming with how painful it is just to do a wee! Then yesterday I noticed there was blood on the tissue. I am sure this wasn't from my vagina as there was nothing in my knickers, it had only come out while weeing and now it bleeds every time, often with little clumps of blood that are almost black. Also I don't know if this at all relevant but I am developing severe stomach cramps with a lot of what I eat. I have noticed it is mostly with carbohydrates or dairy products. I also feel extremely sick and faint whenever I feel peckish. I can be fine one moment and then as soon as I start feeling a bit hungry I start feeling sick. I eat regularly, but often skip breakfast and sometimes miss dinner. As if this wasn't enough I had a dreadful cold that lasted 3 weeks in January with blocked sinuses, sore throat, fatigue, breathing problems at night etc, which finally seems to have subsided. My body just seems to be failing me! Medication wise I have only been taking nurofen, ibuprofen or paracetomol so I don't think it's anything to do with that. I was on fluxotine but stopped last year. If anyone has any clue at all I'd be very grateful to hear it. First of all, get to a doc asap and get a urine culture done to rule out a UTI or Kidney infection. Sounds like you might have one or the other. Second, it sounds very much like endometriosis to me. Find a QUALIFIED gyno to help you diagnose this, as it can be hard to diagnose. Lastly, please consider trying acupuncture to help with your painful and irregular periods. I have been treating endo and other gynecological problems using acupuncture, NAET, Chinese herbs, etc. very successfully for several years now. NAET is excellent - Nambudripad Allergy Elimination Techniques. This can also help figure out what is causing your digestive troubles as well. (Endo may also be causing this.) Look for an acupuncturist who is also nationally certified in Chinese herbology, as herbs are most important in my experience. Please don't skip meals - it puts a strain on your pancreas and will mess up your blood sugar levels, possibly leading to a prediabetic condition. Please try to eat small frequent meals. Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • February 12, 2008
    • 01:05 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Thanks for replying. I looked at the symptoms for Endometriosis and there are a lot of similarities. I went to the doc yesterday and described my symptoms, she decided it's a UTI and gave me some anti-biotics. I also gave her a urine sample which will be tested and she said if it turns out I'm on the wrong meds she'll call me and change them. If it was Endometriosis would this show up on my urine test or not?The pain seems to be easing today, I guess due to the anti-biotics so hopefully it means it isn't that serious.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 12, 2008
    • 04:28 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Thanks for replying. I looked at the symptoms for Endometriosis and there are a lot of similarities. I went to the doc yesterday and described my symptoms, she decided it's a UTI and gave me some anti-biotics. I also gave her a urine sample which will be tested and she said if it turns out I'm on the wrong meds she'll call me and change them. If it was Endometriosis would this show up on my urine test or not? The pain seems to be easing today, I guess due to the anti-biotics so hopefully it means it isn't that serious. Okay, now you are on an antibiotic, you also need to get yourself a PROBIOTIC to help keep your flora in check. This is VERY important - don't take this at the same time as your antibiotic, but after 2 hours or so. You can find a good probiotic at any healthfood store, or even at a good grocery store. Look for acidophilus, bifidus bacterium, and other beneficial bacteria. Yogurt is NOT enough to get you back in balance IMO. Endo does not show up on blood or urine tests...it is as I say very hard to diagnose and you need to see a doc who has experience diagnosing and treating this disorder. Please still consider trying acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine - it can really make a difference and will help to regulate your periods. Western treatment for endo is not very helpful IME. Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • February 13, 2008
    • 01:23 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement