Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

Problems maintaining erection

Posted In: Sexual conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: uncbckr
  • February 6, 2008
  • 06:29 PM

Hey guys,
I'm a 21 year old male. Me and my girlfriend have been together for about 7 months, and up until now the sex has been great. Although recently, we will be getting ready to have sex, and ill have an erection almost always until I'm about to penetrate, sometimes I even get the condom on before I go soft. I am truly mind boggled as to why this is happening. I have been sexually active since I was 17 and never experienced this before. I am under a great deal of stress lately, I am graduating college in May and have begun my job search, and it is stressful. I've been under stress before and not had this problem, however. I've also noticed an annoying sort of tingling at the end of penis, although sometimes I wonder if its just not in my head because I seem to notice it more when I'm thinking about it. It doesn't hurt and it doesn't make me feel like I have to go to the bathroom, it just tingles. I'm an active person, work out 3-4 times a week and have a pretty healthy diet. Has anyone else noticed anything like this before?

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• I googled this because I have been having the same problems too I am a healthy 31 yr old male who is slowly losing his confidence with woman. Whenever I am with a girl I have trouble getting it up, once it is up I have trouble maintaining it, as the sensation to do so just doesn’t seem to be there. This problem has been slowly getting worse since I began having sex at 18, a lot of it then was at university and alcohol was involved, so I though that the alcohol was numbing the feelings. But gradually it’s been getting worse. I can go out with a girl, out to dinner, then dancing, only 1 or 2 drinks the whole night, we can get close while dancing and i will be ready, we get home, kissing and cuddling all good to go, and then once its in I lose the sensation and slowly go soft. I think I have also psychologically numbed myself to normal sex by watching ***n. But I don't recon anymore than anyone else; I have friends that watch lots more. I have no problems beating off. Funny story, I didn’t whack off for 2 days, paid a really hot chick (yeah yeah paid) for a fun our at lunch time, had the same problem. It ended up a mutual masturbation session. I am considering paying again just to get it right, to build my confidence, so I don't fail when I really want to put on a good performance. I am single at the moment, and wish I would have someone to work on this with, to get me back in the game. I think from this thread to cut the pron, masty less and start going to the gym again
    oh noes 2 Replies
    • February 18, 2008
    • 09:56 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same problem im a 24 your old male who recently moved away from my home town, recently married, new job, and first time moving out of my parents house. Everything was great sexually up until recently. Sex 3 times a day and even after sex he wouldnt go soft. now it wont get hard no matter how hard i try or think about it. Its cause terrible stress at home between my wife and I. She thinks i dont want her anymore, and thinks i might be cheating on her. but neither of those are the case because i think she is absolutely gorgeous and I took her hand in marriage because i dont want anyone else but her. but this happening makes her feel like i dont want her at all. its killing me and cause sooooo much stress. i dont know what to do or how to make it happen. i havent masterbated since i was probably 18. I have always have consistent girlfriends and other times i didnt have a partner i just wanted to hang out and didnt worry about masterbation. but now i cant even get myself eroused, only way i get aroused is to start off with 4 play, and he gets very hard, but as soon as it comes to intercourse he goes soft, or il get him in 10 pumps and he goes soft. its terrible im so discouraged. I was working out daily for about 3 years when i got home from work because i had a gym , now i dont work out at all and its definetly taking a toll. i dont know if i am home sick, or what im so lost. i feel so bad for my wife. because nothing is her fault. and its just like i never am ****y i guess. HELP!!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 11, 2011
    • 04:34 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement