Discussions By Condition: Mouth conditions

Salt + Banana = Ow.

Posted In: Mouth conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: stefplank
  • January 24, 2008
  • 05:24 PM

I was wondering if anyone else has this same reaction (it must be allergic?):

I always wondered why after eating a chinese, and then followed by a banana, the roof (just the roof) of my mouth burns so badly, and then I break out into a horrid sweat. Well the others day, I ate some salt and vinegar pringles, and it gave me a similar sensation. I tried it again today, followed by a banana and OW! My lips swelled up and went numb, then they shrivelled and have been peeling badly all day! Not to mention the fact that my mouth feels like I've rubbed chilli sauce all over it.

Of course, both the chinese and crisps are incredibly salty. So salt + banana = nasty reaction?

Sounds bizarre I know!

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• Be really careful. If you are having an allergic reaction, the odds are, it will get worse and could eventually lead to anaphylactic shock. You probably should talk to an allergist and see if he/she has any recommendations. Just a thought.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 25, 2008
    • 00:14 AM
    Flag this Response
  • If you find out what you have that will be interesting. My oldest daughter has chest pains so bad when she eats bananas. So bad that i have almost called an ambulance for her. She can't breathe and her chest feels like it could collapse. And my middle daughter's mouth burns when she has pepper. Even if you try to fool her and just put a very little amount where you can't even see it she wil know because her mouth burns. If you find out, I would be very interested in knowing what it's from.-----------------klschup:rolleyes:
    klschup 42 Replies
    • January 27, 2008
    • 11:42 PM
    Flag this Response
  • HiI have the same and I think it's related to oxalic acid build-up in the body.I drank a Dutch remedy that contain balsam sulpuris that causes a kidney laxative effect.After a few days bananas was heavenly.A month later after some indulgencies in occasional beer etc I have the same effect again. For the past two nights I have taken the remedy again and I can feel there's something going on that my body likes. This definitely deserves more attention.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement