Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Prostatitis, MS, Depression/anxiety, myelitis,fibromyalgia!

Posted In: Medical Stories 3 Replies
  • Posted By: cbalcomgo
  • January 21, 2008
  • 02:57 PM

I wanted to share a little about my life story so far. I have had issues with depression/anxiety since I was a young boy and to this day even with medicine, I still suffer. I started really having medical problems in 2004, when I went on my first disability from work due to the depression and anxiety. Lets see, without rambling on to much, I have been on 7 disablilities now and it is 2008 and filed for S.S.A due to my doctors saying this is the best way to go now until we can find some stability. In the begining of the year 2007, that is when I noticed a lot of fatigue and undisirable paresthesias in my body. I also started to really have back issues worse than I ever had before. In Aug of 2007, that is when it all hit me. I became so week and in so much pain that I went on 7th disability. My doctor recommended a MRI on my lower back and found buldging at many levels with central protrusion effacement of neural foramen billaterally, abutement with mild mass effect @ L4 nerve root billaterally, narrowing of spinal canal in combination with posterior element hypertrophy, spasms, hemangioma, and prominence of estrarenal pelvis bilaterally.
My doc became concerned and sent me to a neuro surgeon immeadiately.
The neuro surgeon had me go thru more MRIs of the cervical spine and my thoracic spine. My thoracic spine once again was noted for disk buldging at many levels and otherwise fine. My cervical spine on the other hand came back as contusion or inflamation of the spinal cord that cannot be excluded and to correlate for myelitis, also many lesions from the neck down to lower back. Brain Mri was normal.
Basically, I have gotten mixed diagnosis from 4 doctors and became quite frustrated, which added to my anxiety and depression. Right now, I am being treated for fibromyalgia because of the pain and have beginings of MS with myelitis. There are other diagnosis but it is way to confusing so I'm just pointing out the ones the docs r working on. I take Hydrocodone, ibuprofen, cymbalta,clonazepam, adderall, prevacid,and B-complex. I feel that I have a good routine with my pain management now but still have undisrable sensations in body and great amount of fatigue. Not to mention concentration, memory, and sometimes vision gives me problems. I almost forgot to mention prostate issues. I have had 7 prostate infections but everytime they diagnose me with one my urine is clean just my prostate is swollen. This has been a problem since i had a vasectomy. I also have problems with my testosterone levels but cannot tolerate the way the therapy makes me feel.
I guess this sums it up to give a short story but I feel at a loss right now because I'm 28, which is young and I have filed for permanant disablility. I want to work, I can't stand the fact that I'm not but know I'm not reliable because of my condition so agreeded with docs this was the best route to go until things can stabilized. Right now I'm trying to think of it in a positive way, that we all go thru things to better ourselves and to help others out that might be going thru similar situations. I like this forum because it gives me that chance to share with others and vent, so I can get others input on issues. So thankyou to everyone for your help and support!

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• I’m suffering from social phobia from last one year. Now I’m felling very bad. I really want to overcome from this issue. But I’m nor able to understand what to do? Should I consult with a doctor, or I can try anti depressant like xanax and others. I found some information about anti depressant at http://www.xanax-effects.com is this enough?
    larrypollack 1 Replies
    • August 18, 2008
    • 08:56 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I’m suffering from social phobia from last one year. Now I’m felling very bad. I really want to overcome from this issue. But I’m nor able to understand what to do? Should I consult with a doctor, or I can try anti depressant like xanax and others. I found some information about anti depressant at http://www.xanax-effects.com is this enough? xanax is not an antidepressant, it is used for anxiety control or even other issues, like a muscle relaxant. If you are having social phobia problems, maybe you should go out and confront it by socializing, what do ya think?
    cbalcomgo 38 Replies
    • August 19, 2008
    • 06:56 PM
    Flag this Response
  • When did you have the vasectomy? Before or after your problems?
    Anonymous 0 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement